Dear GGG, do something to help the players

More than two weeks ago my account was blocked for third-party software that I had never used. I did not use any bots, scripts for simplified trading, etc. All that was on my PC was awakened poe trade and path of bulding. These programs are used by most players and streamers. I would like to note that the blocking occurred immediately after updating Windows. I wouldn’t pay attention to this, but the fact is that my friend’s account was blocked half a year ago for the same reason, also after a Windows update. I don’t know if this is somehow connected, I just decided to point it out as an interesting, strange fact.

First of all, I immediately went to write an appeal on the site. Since I encountered a block for the first time, I didn’t really know what to indicate in the appeal and wrote everything that could help understand this situation. As you understand, the appeal was rejected. I didn’t give up, I tried to reach out through the forum, but three of my posts were deleted and I was blocked from writing new posts on the account from which I am now writing this post.

Attempts to write to support by email also did not bring results. They told me that if the appeal had already been rejected on the website, they would not consider it a second time. Very interesting policy, respected company. People spend a huge amount of time, pour a considerable amount of money into your product, but don't deserve a dialogue when their account was unfairly blocked?
At the same time, streamers who can violate your rules with a huge audience deserve a second, third, fourth chance?

I had almost come to terms with the undeserved blocking, I regretted the time spent farming currency and things for my character, but then I see that topics with blocking for third-party software appear on the forum again and again.

So maybe we, as ordinary players who love and support your game, deserve to get an answer for what third-party software we are blocked for? Is it really for the path of building, which doesn’t even affect the game in any way? Or maybe for the awakened poe trade, which most players use, but for some reason you decided to block us?

Topics in which people were blocked for third-party software and are waiting for a response -
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3515507
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3504968
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3404159

my main account, which was unfairly blocked - https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Reziuqs
Last bumped on May 5, 2024, 9:36:30 PM
"
Reziuqss wrote:
More than two weeks ago my account was blocked for third-party software that I had never used. I did not use any bots, scripts for simplified trading, etc. All that was on my PC was awakened poe trade and path of bulding. These programs are used by most players and streamers. I would like to note that the blocking occurred immediately after updating Windows. I wouldn’t pay attention to this, but the fact is that my friend’s account was blocked half a year ago for the same reason, also after a Windows update. I don’t know if this is somehow connected, I just decided to point it out as an interesting, strange fact.

First of all, I immediately went to write an appeal on the site. Since I encountered a block for the first time, I didn’t really know what to indicate in the appeal and wrote everything that could help understand this situation. As you understand, the appeal was rejected. I didn’t give up, I tried to reach out through the forum, but three of my posts were deleted and I was blocked from writing new posts on the account from which I am now writing this post.

Attempts to write to support by email also did not bring results. They told me that if the appeal had already been rejected on the website, they would not consider it a second time. Very interesting policy, respected company. People spend a huge amount of time, pour a considerable amount of money into your product, but don't deserve a dialogue when their account was unfairly blocked?
At the same time, streamers who can violate your rules with a huge audience deserve a second, third, fourth chance?

I had almost come to terms with the undeserved blocking, I regretted the time spent farming currency and things for my character, but then I see that topics with blocking for third-party software appear on the forum again and again.

So maybe we, as ordinary players who love and support your game, deserve to get an answer for what third-party software we are blocked for? Is it really for the path of building, which doesn’t even affect the game in any way? Or maybe for the awakened poe trade, which most players use, but for some reason you decided to block us?

Topics in which people were blocked for third-party software and are waiting for a response -
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3515507
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3504968
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3404159

my main account, which was unfairly blocked - https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Reziuqs

I'm afraid we cannot review any appeals via the forums. If you have contacted Support already and they have denied the appeal I'm afraid there is nothing further we can assist you with.
This is what we were talking about, they answered me the same thing several times in the mail, and then they stopped answering altogether. Do you give the person who received the block the only opportunity to write an appeal, but don’t think about the fact that the person who reviewed it might make a mistake? Or could he be in a bad mood? In addition, you do not indicate anywhere how to correctly write an appeal, what you need to indicate in order to prove your innocence and get unblocking.
I understand that you are confident that you are not making mistakes and your system is ideal, but anyone can make mistakes, and there is no shame in that. Appeals are checked by people, as they answered me by mail, and people tend to make mistakes. It's a shame not to be able to admit your mistakes. If they had given me a specific reason, for which third-party software that was banned I received a block, there would be no questions. But the fact is that I, as a person who knows for sure that I did not use anything prohibited (which programs I used, I indicated in my first post), cannot accept such injustice.
womp womp
"
Reziuqss wrote:
This is what we were talking about, they answered me the same thing several times in the mail, and then they stopped answering altogether. Do you give the person who received the block the only opportunity to write an appeal, but don’t think about the fact that the person who reviewed it might make a mistake? Or could he be in a bad mood? In addition, you do not indicate anywhere how to correctly write an appeal, what you need to indicate in order to prove your innocence and get unblocking.

Welcome to GGG's world. Generic responses.

"I'm afraid we are unable to discuss account related issues via the forums."

"I have sent you a PM about this."

"Could you please contact our team at support@grindinggear.com to discuss this further?"

The 1 time using the ban appeal process is completely shit.
Last edited by JustAccountName on Apr 24, 2024, 4:19:36 AM
By the way, I also reinstalled Windows not long ago, + - 2 weeks before the start of the current league
up
"
The 1 time using the ban appeal process is completely shit.

It's really not, because at the end of the day they still need to get work done, they don't have hundreds of support staff, (less than 100 last i heard) and they have tens of thousands of support requests, if they end up spending time re re re re reviewing ban appeals they are taking time away from players than somehow manage NOT to get banned and may just end up unbanning cheats/scammers just to get some work done (look at wow, where they go to for those that get banned correctly is to spam the shit out of support until support give in and un ban them)

While there could be false positives i do not believe for a second that anything in the last 5(minimum) years has been such, because as generic as GGG's replies are the cheaters are just as generic and easy to pick out.

GGG have no problem reviewing the account, they have no problem unbanning them , but if it was correctly banned they are not going to waste their time baby sitting you.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Last edited by lagwin1980 on Apr 27, 2024, 2:05:35 PM
Well, why then can you absolutely safely see a bunch of trading bots in the game (a friend who is experienced in the game showed me on stream how he is sold items by the same players who stand AFK in a shelter for days, well, their gameplay is probably so interesting) , and on the Internet it’s extremely easy to come across offers to purchase game valuables for real money?

It turns out that they can easily carry out their activities, but I’m an ordinary player, I can’t play, they banned me and send me copy-paste -_-

In any case, I consider this attitude a fraud towards me, there are no justifications for such actions, I don’t care how many people work there or anything else, it’s their problem to provide me with good service, despite how much I invested in the game

So from the above, GGG very much has problems with account verification, unbanning and service

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info