Constant CTD on entering Hideouts, game loading menu, character selecion.

Game runs fine until I either have a random CTD with no warning or go to somebodies HO to trade and get a CTD, then takes from 5-15 restarts to get back into the game with CTDs on initial loading screen or right after selecting character while loading.

Updated drivers an no luck.

Specs: Win10 64 bit
i9 14900kj 3.2ghz
123gb ram
Geforce RTX 4090 24gb

No error messages popping up to my knowledge, but with the last crash I have CTD like 20 or so times and can't get back in at all.
Last bumped on Apr 24, 2024, 1:05:57 PM
Also followed all instructions for switching to and from Vulkan, DX11,12, clearing cache and config files, same exact issue regardless.

Installed from the website download to launch from there instead of steam and got the following error:

"The exception unknown software exception (0xe00000001 ) occured in the application at location 0x00007ffa05ffcf19"
Same issue since before 3.24 launch.

Try disabling Engine Multithreading.

If you can't get to the game long enough to change it go to C:\Users\*windows name*\Documents\My Games\Path of Exile\ and open and edit your settings in the production_config file.

If noticed toggling it back on and then off seems to allow me in consistently but I still crash without an error message and constantly have issues.
Oddly enough this allows me to get into my hideout at least which is further than I get otherwise but it crashes loading again as soon as I turn it back on and it seems like the kind of thing I shouldn't play without enabling based on the warning it's giving and the fact I'm using a summoner...
yeah it got me a little further but still constant CTD after I got to my HO

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info