Is it possible to download the entire market (trading)?

It’s clear that this is a large archive and a heavy load on the server, but maybe publish a static archive somewhere once a day?
This would provide interesting research for developers

Thanks !
Last bumped on May 2, 2024, 4:16:33 AM
You may be interested in the Developer API which is used to query information from our servers, such as stash information.
In particular, the part of the API you want is the "public stash API", also called the River.

There you get to query a stream paginated by a sharded numeric ID on the form 1-2-3-4-5-6. It yields a set of full stash tabs as they were listed at the time. If the contents of a stash tab changes (item removed/added/crafted/repriced) it publishes the whole tab anew in a future page.

Old pages will have an empty placeholder for the obsoleted stash tab, so you can't see all historical listings; just the most latest one for each.

As a consumer you would start at some historical ID from which your interest starts (typically league start) and chase the river until you eventually (hopefully) catch up with the tip of it. Each response has both a header and a element in the JSON payload that indicates the next ID to submit the next query with.

Beware the the rate limit headers and pace your ingestion process, lest your tool will be automatically put in the corner with timeouts.

Back when I last consumed it before it was behind OAuth, it used to feed me around 5 MiB/s of JSON; so be prepared to interpret it and store the particular data you want as the stash contents are quite verbose at times including item descriptions and all.

The tooldev community can also answer questions over on the main Discord in the tooldev channels.
A week ago, I sent a request to oauth@grindinggear.com to register my OAuth application, but still no response
BUMP :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info