Essences Not Dropping Sometimes - Bug 404,369,795

Occasionally when I kill an essence monster, no essences drop.

I suspect that this is due to corpse explosion - that is, sometimes essence mobs explode due to my Asenath's Gentle Touch and sometimes this causes essences not to be dropped. This is speculation (but I think accurate becuase no corpse seems to be left behind when this occurs) on my part and something else migh be causing this.

Update:
I'm updating this post with a bug number and screenshot.

Last edited by hankinsohl on Apr 20, 2024, 9:41:07 PM
Last bumped on Apr 26, 2024, 8:15:17 PM
Most likely due to a buggy interaction between essences and certain allflames like scarab and catalyst.
@cavemandiary2
Anything's possible - I am using the plain Essence scarabs and am running Essence on my map device.

However, when the bug occurs there doesn't seem to be any corpse left behind which makes me think it's connected to corpse explosion.

It seems to be some sort of race condition between corpse explosion and loot dropping. For what it's worth, if the bug happens in a map, it usually happens 2 or 3 times in the map. About 1 map in 10 or so are affected.
Last edited by hankinsohl on Apr 20, 2024, 2:15:03 AM
ive also had this issue, and for me its also several essences that will drop nothing. Doesn't matter if it has 1 essences or 6, and its not a loot filter thing as ive even turned my filter off thinking that was bugged as there was just nothing on the floor
"
Asenath's Gentle Touch

It is a known issue that the devs somehow read and no reply. So that at the same time no need to post more duplicated bug report threads

It is interesting that somehow essence also not dropping for people not having Asenath's Gentle Touch
This is the start of forum signature: I am not a GGG employee. About the username: Did you know Kowloon Gundam is made in Neo Hong Kong?

quote from the first page: "Please post one thread per issue, and check the forum for similar posts first"

This is the end of forum signature
"
neohongkong wrote:
"
Asenath's Gentle Touch

It is a known issue that the devs somehow read and no reply. So that at the same time no need to post more duplicated bug report threads

It is interesting that somehow essence also not dropping for people not having Asenath's Gentle Touch

Well i tested it extensively, and there is indeed a 1:1 correlation between essences bugging out and the use of certain allflames.

Now this doesn't mean that all bugs related to essences are caused by the same thing, but based on my experience - including using Asenath for over a week without any problems on my hexblast miner - allflames are very likely the culprit. But not all of them cause problems. Scarab and catalyst are like 100% chance to bug, but others like expedition currency cause no problems.
@cavemandiary2
Interesting... it looks like there are multiple different issues causing essences to not drop sometimes.

I'm not using Allflames, just Asenath's, and every time it happens to me there's no corpse.
Last edited by hankinsohl on Apr 20, 2024, 11:31:11 AM
#1 Used Remnant of Corruption on a solo Essence of Dread. It turned into T6 Essence of Dread and one other random Essence. Killed the mob and it did not drop any Essences. I believe it dropped loot but not 100% the pile is from the mob.

I'd used an Omen allflame, I believe a Scarab allflame, and I believe an Expedition allflame (maybe a Catalyst one but don't think so. Devs could tell based on the images of the mob types). All level 74.

Playing CoC DD. No source of Cull. No scarabs added to map. No beast APT nodes.

#2,096,844,099

Edit: started paying more attention.

#2 Below i put Catalyst & Omen & Expedition allflames, no Bestiary nodes or Cull.

Not sure which mob type this spawned on, but the Essences did drop. I did not use a Remnant of Corruption for fear of wasting it.

#3 same map as #2. Essences dropped.

#4 T6 Envy + T6 Greed, on Beyond monsters, used Remnant of Corruption (broke free). Essences rewarded.

#5 essences did drop after using Remnant on allflame mobs below:
Necropolis: 97
SC: 95 97 93 96 100 93 94 93 94 95 96 97 94 93 94
HC RIP: 94 96
Character archive: view-thread/963707
Last edited by unsane on Apr 28, 2024, 12:58:05 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info