Unique Jewel Idea 'Forbidden Passage'

I was thinking of an interesting way in which pathing on the tree could work. Similar to how Timeless Jewels, Unnatural Instinct and Impossible Escape it might interesting to have a jewel that when placed will turn off all passives in radius and pick some other socket from which the same radius of passives can now be pathed towards.

As an example, there could be a medium radius jewel of this kind that is socketed above witch. For the particular roll, likely hidden, it might allocate the jewel socket closest to ranger. This would be a medium radius.

Some of the nuances to work out would be:
* should the radius be the same for both ends of the portal-effect this jewel provides? I would argue yes, people still might find plenty of use out of a small radius versions. Obviously large radius will be bad here because you turn off everything on the one side and have to 'waste' passives.
* how should it be acquired? personally I think it should drop only from a boss, maybe maven for thematic purposes?
* should this require two-halves like forbidden flame/flesh? maybe?
* should this have div cards? yes, because I think a card called "Another door opens", that could be any of the similar types of jewels would be neat.
* should this jewel be allowed to select edge jewel sockets typically used for cluster jewels? I think yes, only if the range is carefully made with how cluster jewels work, though this might need to be carefully looked at to make sure one cannot get more passives than usual because of cluster jewel 'distance'.
* should the information be hidden? yes, like how timeless jewels *originally* were for most people, these shouldn't be immediately discernible. I want a surprise.
Last bumped on Apr 18, 2024, 10:54:02 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info