Good game, but quits being FUN to play

Good game, but gets so complex starting in maps onward to get powerful that it stops being fun for newish player. Crafting gets complicated. There is no good well explaining guides from GGG itself that is kinda of appalling, instead having to rely of 3rd parties ! Maybe it's being fixed in POE 2, maybe not ! Bottom line it's not enjoyable or fun at times ! I know plenty of friends that just give up playing POE including my son who has 2 degrees !!
Last bumped on Apr 19, 2024, 5:25:57 AM
No it needs to be more complicated.

Learn.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Yea devote 15,000 hours to game. Make 2,000+ pages of forum replies. Join TFT. Run 5, 3rd party websites in background. Join a guild where you share drops and crafts. Participate in 5 ways. And you too can start having "fun". What, no LOL this time?
"
Shakeyvick wrote:
Yea devote 15,000 hours to game. Make 2,000+ pages of forum replies. Join TFT. Run 5, 3rd party websites in background. Join a guild where you share drops and crafts. Participate in 5 ways. And you too can start having "fun". What, no LOL this time?

Or.. don't.

SSF all the way my dude, and I don't ever need carries, crafting services or whatever. Still beating every pinnacle and doing all content

If this game suffers from anything, it's people's constant need to optimize their gaming time. It's free time and you can spend it however you like. Some people enjoy optimizing their time playing a video game, but let's not pretend it's the "only way" to enjoy the game

@OP: the game has so much to offer. The fact that there is so much to learn is a part of that. You'll not find another ARPG as deep as this one, probably ever. First time I played the game I felt overwhelmed too and quit after the 1st act, then came back a year later and it finally clicked. Either way, good tidings!
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
What? Having a crappy 6 mod corrupted tier 13 map with no scarabs or any crazy atlas strat used spawn 6 bosses instead of just the one it is supposed to have isn't fun? PoE is the best garbage troll the player ARPG out right now because it has had a decade + to create a slew of garbage for the gamer to pick from. Didn't like that garbage map or mechanic? Just fire up another map.
"
KillerB1047 wrote:
Good game, but gets so complex starting in maps onward to get powerful that it stops being fun for newish player. Crafting gets complicated. There is no good well explaining guides from GGG itself that is kinda of appalling, instead having to rely of 3rd parties ! Maybe it's being fixed in POE 2, maybe not ! Bottom line it's not enjoyable or fun at times ! I know plenty of friends that just give up playing POE including my son who has 2 degrees !!

I mean.....that is pretty much THE WHOLE GAME, right where you said it "stops being fun".

The GAME begins when you are forced to tweak builds, learn mechanics, troubleshoot, fail, etc. Everything else is similar to a game tutorial.

The game itself does NOT get any more complicated when you hit maps. It just doesn't hold your hand nearly as much as the story does. Everything you run into at maps are just variations off of everything you experienced in the story, it just requires a BIT more brain power and attention.

Base game is harder than your average arpg. It just IS. You can't approach this game like you would D3 or D4. But that doesn't mean 3rd party tools are required in any way. Those are merely shortcuts.
Last edited by jsuslak313 on Apr 18, 2024, 9:26:53 PM
fun stopped long time ago, way too complex and punishing

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info