The only way to block the league mechanic is to not play. Surely there's a better way

TL;DR: don't force us to play a league mechanic.

If a league mechanic cannot be opted out of, has Atlas Tree nodes, and does not have a node to block it, the only way to block the league mechanic is to not play.

Would you rather:

a) customer X not playing, and there is no league-blocking node (e.g. Necropolis)
b) customer X playing, using a league-blocking node (theoretical future league)

It's understandable that GGG wants players to interact with their league they worked so hard on, but not every player is going to enjoy every league mechanic. The central blocking-nodes' player agency is universally liked.

The reality is there is an incredible base game underneath that some players may still want to play alongside everyone, but you pushed those players away early.

If you force the league mechanic, put a blocking node. Just in case some players really dislike it, but still want to play.
Necropolis: 96
SC: 95 97 93 96 100 93 94 93 94 95 96 97 94 93 94
HC RIP: 94 96
Character archive: view-thread/963707
Last edited by unsane on Apr 17, 2024, 12:39:12 PM
Last bumped on Apr 18, 2024, 8:37:22 AM
We had many league mechanics in the past that were "unavoidable" and if a map has particularily bad mods for you, you don't even have to enter it.

I don't get this faux outrage. I haven't skipped a single map in HCSSF and am doing just fine. Hell, I'm running all the boosting nodes for the league mechanic because it yields more corpses and higher modifiers for rewards + allflames.

The incredible base game you mention is present, both in temporary leagues and standard. Go play the latter if you don't want to engage with the former
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
"
ArtCrusade wrote:
We had many league mechanics in the past that were "unavoidable" and if a map has particularily bad mods for you, you don't even have to enter it.

I don't get this faux outrage. I haven't skipped a single map in HCSSF and am doing just fine. Hell, I'm running all the boosting nodes for the league mechanic because it yields more corpses and higher modifiers for rewards + allflames.

The incredible base game you mention is present, both in temporary leagues and standard. Go play the latter if you don't want to engage with the former

we had shit in the past so its ok to get more shit in the future. amazing logic
"
anti4z500 wrote:

Except it's not "shit" and the obvious solution if you consider the mechanic "shit" is to go and play Standard, which I pointed out in my post lmao.
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
"
ArtCrusade wrote:
"
anti4z500 wrote:

Except it's not "shit" and the obvious solution if you consider the mechanic "shit" is to go and play Standard, which I pointed out in my post lmao.

That's not a good answer either. Some people engage in the league to complete challenges. I, myself, play the league for the challenges despite not caring at all about league crafting. I'd rather be able to opt out of Arimor lantern stuff purely so I can stop having my screen clusterfucked by corpse toasters blocking my loot. And it's not like I can just ignore the toasters, and sooner or later Arimor's gonna tell me the shitter's full and needs to be cleaned out again.
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
*edit: nvm, I don't really care either way
Last edited by jsuslak313 on Apr 17, 2024, 4:35:27 PM
I care lmao if you don't wanna play go to standard dude. That's how you opt out.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Apr 17, 2024, 4:42:05 PM
"
Coconutdoggy wrote:
I care lmao if you don't wanna play go to standard dude. That's how you opt out.

wow its as poe is only game on a market. i prefer play games for fun not to torture my self's with boring shit
Standard - where all my builds died to patch notes.

They also gutted the core game for me. My main worry is if any of this goes core.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info