Frost Wall and Flee + regen

Hi,

Can you please disable this type of affix in the game, this is not fun to play at all

you chase the ennemy frost wall vine regen flee what a shit really not fun

Oh and btw first mob in a Harvest so can t open all...
Last edited by Torx34 on Apr 16, 2024, 4:41:32 PM
Last bumped on Apr 16, 2024, 7:41:14 PM
Even without regen, I just don't know what Frost Wall and run is supposed to add to the game experience.

In before "make a better build" etc.
Inb4 "ignore the monster"
Reminding players they don't have to kill every monster seems healthy to me. The frost walls thing makes it kind of a troll-y reminder, but oh well. Frankly I think the game could use more creatures that actively don't want to be killed; it's a strangely suicidal universe.

But I would note that at the same time, I would like to see some alterations to the mechanics of movement, in little areas like turn rate and acceleration, so that running away is more costly for monsters (and potentially players) in a tactical sense. This also goes along with integrating some movement into attacking in general, especially melee. Which of course is probably POE2-only territory at this point.

I think it'd be fair if this mod came with a bit of a health penalty or something though.
"
Reminding players they don't have to kill every monster

except, this is a HARVEST mob. if you dont kill it, you CANNOT interact with the rest of the harvest.

this would also be a problem in DELVE, if it spawned as a monster at the end node. you *MUST* kill all of the monsters for these encounters to end.
"
Thror2k5 wrote:
"
Reminding players they don't have to kill every monster

except, this is a HARVEST mob. if you dont kill it, you CANNOT interact with the rest of the harvest.

this would also be a problem in DELVE, if it spawned as a monster at the end node. you *MUST* kill all of the monsters for these encounters to end.
Harvest and Delve are both optional mechanics that you're able to do over and over and over again so personally I don't think that's a huge problem. "Okay, I guess I won't complete this harvest" is exactly the same "okay, I guess I won't kill this monster" acceptance I'm talking about, really.

But you could disable that mod in particular parts of the game where it's going to cause too much upset, sure, I'd be fine with that.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info