Is there a chance for adding a feature to make game content to be optional?

Hi there, I would like to point out something. I know PoE is liked because it has a variety of features for end game content, and of course, everything else about it seems nicely built. For people who have nice machines that can render all of this, this must be absolutely great.

For my misfortune, this is not my case. I play with all graphics settings set to low and dynamic resolution applied. Even though I am able to play smooth most of the time, and I choose to play raw/blank maps because of my poor gaming conditions, I still face eventualities that get me killed regardless of my cautiousness. As I do not know what map roles will be applied, unpredictable things happen while advancing it, and they offer a bunch of lag spikes, which are often the cause of deaths and subsequent penalties.

It is really hurtful to watch, for instance, one hour of experience acquired, going to the sink over a few seconds, because Einhar appeared from all of a sudden, or some bandit from Sindicate crawls out of a portal or train, or npcs asking for your help, with heavy content being loaded around them, sometimes right on the start of maps, where problems are more likely, because the content is still being rendered at that point.

I would like to ask, and if I am being selfish or something, I apologize, but is not there a way to developers of this game to make this kind of content optional to the player's choice to be activated? I do not mind about collecting loads of currency or get the most I can from my gaming experiences, I just want to reach certain levels, in peace, going slow, no rush, but if the random stuff will not allow me. Sometimes, the lag is so huge, I swear, I place my mouse behind my character's back and press a movement skill and my character moves to the opposite direction. I mean, what the hell?

I mean, I do not think I am the only one who plays because you wish to see your character level up the most it is able to, but is kind of giving up because it is not possible, under such conditions, to be flawless for long hours due to random stuff popping on maps, even if they are played raw/blank, these random stuff will throw lag spikes that get you killed.
Last edited by Daskriegtier on Apr 16, 2024, 1:19:28 AM
Last bumped on Apr 17, 2024, 3:57:54 AM
Your Atlas passive tree can help here. There is a node called Back to Basics, which when taken, will stop all of the additional content (like the masters, essences, delirium etc) from appearing in your maps.
😹😹😹😹😹
I do not and will not use TFT.
Gaming Granny :D
🐢🐢🐢🪲🪲🪲
"
xjjanie wrote:
Your Atlas passive tree can help here. There is a node called Back to Basics, which when taken, will stop all of the additional content (like the masters, essences, delirium etc) from appearing in your maps.

Oh, ty for this piece of information and for trying to help, I never found this node on Atlas, maybe because I don't use it much, maybe I should explore more.
There's also individual nodes for nearly all extra content, that you can deactivate.
"
jsuslak313 wrote:
There's also individual nodes for nearly all extra content, that you can deactivate.

Indeed, I saw today. It seems I am way too long without visiting Atlas, or maybe the time I went after it, I only cared about other kinds of nodes. Thank you for pointing it out.
"
Daskriegtier wrote:
Hi there, I would like to point out something. I know PoE is liked because it has a variety of features for end game content, and of course, everything else about it seems nicely built. For people who have nice machines that can render all of this, this must be absolutely great.

For my misfortune, this is not my case. I play with all graphics settings set to low and dynamic resolution applied. Even though I am able to play smooth most of the time, and I choose to play raw/blank maps because of my poor gaming conditions, I still face eventualities that get me killed regardless of my cautiousness. As I do not know what map roles will be applied, unpredictable things happen while advancing it, and they offer a bunch of lag spikes, which are often the cause of deaths and subsequent penalties.

It is really hurtful to watch, for instance, one hour of experience acquired, going to the sink over a few seconds, because Einhar appeared from all of a sudden, or some bandit from Sindicate crawls out of a portal or train, or npcs asking for your help, with heavy content being loaded around them, sometimes right on the start of maps, where problems are more likely, because the content is still being rendered at that point.

I would like to ask, and if I am being selfish or something, I apologize, but is not there a way to developers of this game to make this kind of content optional to the player's choice to be activated? I do not mind about collecting loads of currency or get the most I can from my gaming experiences, I just want to reach certain levels, in peace, going slow, no rush, but if the random stuff will not allow me. Sometimes, the lag is so huge, I swear, I place my mouse behind my character's back and press a movement skill and my character moves to the opposite direction. I mean, what the hell?

I mean, I do not think I am the only one who plays because you wish to see your character level up the most it is able to, but is kind of giving up because it is not possible, under such conditions, to be flawless for long hours due to random stuff popping on maps, even if they are played raw/blank, these random stuff will throw lag spikes that get you killed.

When I am trying to level, I will shut off all dangerous content (to my build) on my Atlas Tree.

I will also take all the Shrine nodes, the Niko "Packed With Energy" node (and run Niko every map), "Mighty Hunter" to get a minion out of Einhar, and "Loyal Soldier" to get Huck's help - made even better if you craft a whetstone for huck with a level 15 aura on it.

Those mods there plus blocking the lethal content will provide a massive power boost and make it much easier to level/clear content.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info