What to do wiht those buyers whisper several person at the same time?

I'm new here,and suffered from this trade system.

Some buyers just click many links at the same time just to increase the chance to get what they want,and accept whoever's invitations they could receive first,ignoring the disturbance they've made.

GGG do knows it's truly an interrupt to hear a whisper of buyer and stop what you doing to handle that only to find disband even you did it immediately.

We can't assume everyone use the certain "tools" to deal with the trade such as"invite him with just press F1"

My friend(and the others)said it's common,and you should do like that as a buyer. but I still think it a bad way,so I keep waiting for some times before I move to the next seller.

What you gonna do with this? I know it's a big machine ,or the issue has been a long time, but maybe something can be changed to avoid this bad feeling.

Maybe some trust-assurance system could be put onto it,ex:the one who sent the message but refuse the invite,are restrict to send whisper per minute or someting else. Also to the sellers ,the quick respond or never respond should be distinguished.

Or we just add the CD to the market link roughly?
Last edited by Juiceight on Apr 16, 2024, 9:06:21 AM
Last bumped on Apr 16, 2024, 9:22:32 PM
Buyers do it cause sellers ignore them mostly.

Wait for poe2 with new trade system. Let PoE 1 die.
Seems like you're just making up stuff to have something to complain about. If buyers messaging multiple sellers at once is a problem, then it's a problem with the trading system not with the buyers.
OP: Invite them to the party, and don't leave your map unless they accept.

If they join your party and then don't make the trade, block them.
the official trade just shouldn't allow this behavior.

the fix would surely be almost as annoying in many cases but if its locking out the people causing the issue to get worse than i'd say probably worth it.
Innocence forgives you
Last edited by SilentSymphony on Apr 15, 2024, 10:08:58 AM
Sometimes I go through 20+ sellers and nobody responds. So such behavior is understandable. Personally I send whispers with 5-7 sec interval.
People wouldn't be mass-messaging sellers to buy stuff if the majority of sellers weren't unresponsive. This isn't a problem with the buyers, but the outdated trade system which creates this behavior.

You're mad at the wrong group of people, OP.
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
Last edited by Pizzarugi on Apr 15, 2024, 11:23:19 AM
Yes,I understand some guys consider it's the seller's problem cause this.

Just this morning I was wondering the question "how to identify one will reply or never reply?", I sent a message and wait,and time goes, again and again, finally I realized perhaps it's just a bait.I was just wasting my time. I could block him this time, but how much it already or will hurt others? how much time consumed meaninglessly and why these people not be punished?

I'm a normal guy, maybe one day I get fully exp for this and can easily tell who is the "fake seller" ,but I will never tell the newbie " it's common, u should go through this and get used to it, don't complain"

Bad rules grow darkness,and "one is unkind" is not the reason u be unkind to others.
Both sides contribute currently, The seller is likely the original catalyst but from there it influenced player behavior which unfortunately affected sellers who do reply as well causing that influence to through them affect more buyers and the cycle continues.

It's frustrating though since i do not sell much it's not hit me very hard but if you are someone who sells a lot of stuff i can see it becoming quite grating after a few dozen portals spent to complete a trade that never happened.

Innocence forgives you
"
Both sides contribute currently, The seller is likely the original catalyst but from there it influenced player behavior which unfortunately affected sellers who do reply as well causing that influence to through them affect more buyers and the cycle continues.

It's frustrating though since i do not sell much it's not hit me very hard but if you are someone who sells a lot of stuff i can see it becoming quite grating after a few dozen portals spent to complete a trade that never happened.

it's not the portals,but u have to stop everyting and locate precisely there name from the scrollable chat box and hit the invite selection and see what happens next(even this will put your char in danger or failure of events),because I believe I have the responsibility to react to what I put on the market and not to keep them waiting as possible as I can.

seems nothing can be done till getting numb as the day goes on, which is a shame

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info