Catarina T17 is peak boss design

Small room full of dark ground effects on dark background, entrance blocked off by deadly lasers and ground effects

gg GGG you did well
Last bumped on Apr 23, 2024, 1:07:53 AM
That's one of the easiest ones tf lol
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Coconutdoggy wrote:
That's one of the easiest ones tf lol

No, the Heist guy is by far the easiest. Maybe my eyes just can't deal with this?
map with area of effect 200%, peak of boss design. in order not to take damage you have 1 pixel in this mess
The cherry on top is not having gamma (brightness) correction in 2024 yet demanding 2030 quality hardware.
Problem is not even T17 bosses themselves, but a new groundbreaking rule of pinnacle-grade now being affected by map mods and every other randomness coming from maps, altars, delirium, etc.

Imagine Sirus shooting 5-beam cone with +600% crit chance and 2-3 elemental damage bonuses on top:) Or having 3x radius to his degen grounds and %50 of max health as extra es.

This isn't choreography, this is a lottery put together without much thought, and the only reliable approach against all this random mod pool is to overdps the boss before it does anything, effectively skipping it. GGG said they wanted to slow the game down, instead they make new content like this :shrug:
Last edited by Echothesis on Apr 20, 2024, 2:18:48 AM
"
Echothesis wrote:

This isn't choreography, this is a lottery put together without much thought, and the only reliable approach against all this random mod pool is to overdps the boss before it does anything, effectively skipping it. GGG said they wanted to slow the game down, instead they make new content like this :shrug:

Or you could just finally learn the boss fights if you happen to still rock around on a 2kk zdps build in 2024. All the boss fights are recycled content after all and there isn't really anything new or out of the surprise box about it.
If you get hit by something and die it's nothing but your own fault of not learning the old fights or playing a terrible build with close to no defensive layers.
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
"
Pashid wrote:
"
Echothesis wrote:

Or you could just finally learn the boss fights if you happen to still rock around on a 2kk zdps build in 2024. All the boss fights are recycled content after all and there isn't really anything new or out of the surprise box about it.
If you get hit by something and die it's nothing but your own fault of not learning the old fights or playing a terrible build with close to no defensive layers.

Why are you quoting only lower part of the post, when Echothesis described the problem in the upper part? xDDD
"End of March makes 3 months and 21 days which is almost 4 months and not 3 1/2, get your math right hoho."
Last edited by Dxt44 on Apr 20, 2024, 2:55:58 AM
What pattern is there to learn if boss stats are random every time? I cannot even run it white to establish the baseline. Not only boss damage is different, its speed and coverage also different.

And no, I was not trying it with 2kk dps. Don't know my exact dps because of never using POB, but should be around 10-12kk when everything is on. Learning non-uber pinnacles is fine, you can do it even on 2kk without getting hit. T17 is not, and I've already quit playing this patch.
"
Echothesis wrote:
What pattern is there to learn if boss stats are random every time? I cannot even run it white to establish the baseline. Not only boss damage is different, its speed and coverage also different.

Just smash 200 chaos orbs on 1 map if you want static content. Problem solved.
"End of March makes 3 months and 21 days which is almost 4 months and not 3 1/2, get your math right hoho."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info