M1 Max Performance Issues.

PC:
MacBook Pro with M1 Max (highest spec CPU/GPU), 64GM RAM, 1GB SSD. Connected to power, set via OS to max performance when connected. 3840x2160 / 60Hz monitor. Steam client.

Game settings:
ALL GRAPHIC OPTIONS ON LOWEST.
Mode: Fullscreen
VSync: off
triple buffering: disabled
fps caps: disabled

antialiasing: off
lighting: shadows
shadow quality: low
sun shadow quality: low
number of lights: low
bloom: 100%
depth of field: disabled
water detail level: low
texture quality: medium
texture filtering: trilinear

Using engine multithreading, both with and without dynamic culling.

Issue:
A maximum of sub-50 fps in hideout alone, and the moment there is a lot on screen framerate quickly drops to single digits, has gone down to 3fps in beachhead boss room.

Added notes:
This exact same setup, with higher settings in graphics, ran at a smooth 60fps during TotA and last league. No other software other than software updates has been installed during this time. Other software running on the computer has not had notable changes in performance.

I would add a screenshot, but I don't know to where they are saved.

Edit:
Tested this on 1920x1080, the exact same issue occurs. Frame rates do not improve, not when idle, not in game. Tested with laptop monitor, no change. Tested with laptop monitor at x0.5/x0.5 resolution, no change.

More specifically, it seems that it takes a bit of time (a few seconds) for the appearance of mobs / content until the framerate begins to drop, and it takes a while after mobs / content is cleared.

This did not happen in the Maven fight (over 30fps).
Last edited by Jnnkzn on Apr 12, 2024, 7:59:10 AM
Last bumped on Apr 14, 2024, 11:03:54 AM
Changed maximum vram allocation via `sudo sysctl iogpu.wired_limit_mb=32768`; no difference.

Erased the Art and ShaderCache* directories, moved the Bundles2 directory to a different directory. Redownloaded; verified, installed, ran. After the standard long loading times when doing such an overhaul, still gets to very low framerates.

Memory seems to be capped to 8GB for both CPU/GPU (or at least this is what the F1 bars seem to hint at). As far as I know, this is not a hard limitation from the OS / Steam side of things, or at least this is not a limit I have set at any point.
buy a Win PC. Don't believe Apple false adverting on their hardware performance.

Apple probably intentionally decouple their OS to not running Win PC software so that people cannot directly compare their own chip to Intel or AMD, or just blame emulation problem.
This is the start of forum signature: I am not a GGG employee. About the username: Did you know Kowloon Gundam is made in Neo Hong Kong?

quote from the first page: "Please post one thread per issue, and check the forum for similar posts first"

This is the end of forum signature
Yesterday I played with Nvidia now, because my laptop no longer can play this game. Nvidia now is equivalent to a Nv4060 at 1060px and it also freezes during a Blight event. So, yeah
"
neohongkong wrote:
buy a Win PC. Don't believe Apple false adverting on their hardware performance.

Apple probably intentionally decouple their OS to not running Win PC software so that people cannot directly compare their own chip to Intel or AMD, or just blame emulation problem.

Here you are again, same trash advice - "buy windows pc".
14000 forum posts of only dogshit. Go touch grass instead of giving "advice" that an earth worm can't even come up with.
Last edited by h00dbyair on Apr 12, 2024, 11:44:38 AM
"
neohongkong wrote:

What advertising? I've been playing this game with no issues on this computer for two years. If this game would not have run on my computer, I would not have played this game.
Last edited by Jnnkzn on Apr 12, 2024, 4:11:37 PM
same for me with m1 16gb
no issues for 2 previous leagues at all even in juiced maps with deli and 12k wisps.

now regular map is 3 to 12fps.
Removed all MTX. Framerate is playable in regular maps. Welp, that sucks.
Still trash performance on MacOS client. Looks like last month engine update did a huge blow to it, while on Windows laptop I see better performance now (but it's not convenient for me to play on Windows one).

I see half the graphics settings is gone on Mac, including target framerate - so it seems dynamic resolution/culling is no longer working (even if set in config file). Also previously game mode OS feature was identifying Poe, but now it doesn't. Probably some other stuff is broken too since according to performance graphs all work looks to be done on CPU now vs GPU, so any fight with >5 mobs or some ground effects becomes a slideshow.
at lease it would be great to hear form GGG " we know the issue and working on it " but complete silence =(

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info