POE constantly restarting my PC when playing

This seems to be happening as of yesterday.
I've had some issues like this in the past but it's been ok recently.

Not really sure where to start listing all the specifications and things that may or may not lead to this, but I will try to list a few things that come to mind.

PC Specs:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core Processor 3.70 GHz
Cooling: EKWB EK-AIO 120 D-RGB liquid cooling loop
GPU: NVidia Geforce RTX 3080
Storage: AORUS Raid PICE NVME 6k mb/s SSD
RAM: Dominator DDR4 64.0 GB
MOBO: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero
PSU: Corsair AX1200W Platinum Rating
Network: Wired cable HFC 750 mb/s

I'm playing POE on Steam.
I've tried verifying game cache.
I've tried many different graphics settings on DX12 and Vulkan including different resolutions, texture settings, turning all effects to low etc.
I've tried running the game with no other apps running including browsers, background tasks, overlays etc. The problem keeps persisting, and I'm not sure why.

Often when I put a map in map device, sometimes when I type, sometimes when I approach mobs in a map, the game will instantaneously freeze, bluescreen, then reset my pc.

This is getting reallllyyy frustrating and making the game absolutely unplayable. I have no idea what else I can try to fix it.
Last edited by Busdriver_Jow on Apr 11, 2024, 5:36:43 AM
Last bumped on Apr 14, 2024, 3:13:52 AM
When computer shuts down it usually looks bad. Monitor your cpu temperature.
Ok, I've used HWiNFO64 to monitor CPU Core temperatures during a session til it crashed, and it looks like the highest temp I got was around 88c then it reset when I opened inventory and hovered an item.
Last edited by Busdriver_Jow on Apr 11, 2024, 6:30:37 AM
I have the same cooling AIO as you do, but a 360, but that shouldnt matter much, but anyway, my CPU temps are nowhere near 88c - I've had 66c at the absolute most.
Not to scare you or anything, but whats the temps in other games? you sure you installed that EK AI correctly? Oo
but are you talking about the same cpu or a different one?
Some component overheats and the protection is triggered the PC is rebooted. Keep an eye on GPU and CPU temperatures
So what then, the RTX3080 or the Ryzen 9 5900x is faulty? Only happens in POE. Just now I approach map device and suddenly it starts stuttering my mouse movement slightly and I think, oh here we go. Then blue screen and reset.
You have a hardware issue most likely. Get everything tested.
😹😹😹😹😹
I do not and will not use TFT.
Gaming Granny :D
🐢🐢🐢🪲🪲🪲

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info