Arimor's Apex - Magistrate mobs sometimes not even spawning at all

Just did a T16 8 mod Defiled Cathedral. Narrow, easy to hit everything, cleared the whole thing. The magistrate mob packs were supposed to be summoners. Big obvious floaty dudes with a bunch of skeletons. Very visible.

Zero in the map. Literally zero. Not zero rare packs, zero packs of this monster type period.

This challenge is enough of a pain without this kind of nonsense happening.

I'd also like to add that the amount of tier VI haunted mods that do not upgrade to VII with the +1 to Modifier proc feels EXTREMELY bad. From the player's perspective, there's no reason or explanation as to why that's happening. Make them do SOMETHING and upgrade.

EDIT: After finishing it finally (in T17s, not 16s), I think the answer is to avoid Essence while trying to do it.
Last edited by dryrunHD on Apr 11, 2024, 6:52:36 PM
Last bumped on Apr 24, 2024, 3:03:56 PM
Just had another map. T16 Crystal Ore 8 mod map. Put the tier VII haunted on the ghost pirate guys, the only pack in the map was in an essence and it didn't count.

Fix this please.
Again. T16 8 mod Necropolis. Put the tier VII on the ribbon monsters, go in the map, they're Noble-haunted, not Magistrate-haunted.
I just put tier VII on top mob (spiders), got 4 or 5 rare spiders in the (100% quant) map, none gave progress towards the challenge. I also had a separate tier VII mob I put on the second from top mob (bears) and got 3 or so rare bears that progressed the challenge.

Next map (80%+ quant) got tier VII on top mob (scorpions). Killed a couple scorpion rares, no progress.

This challenge is WAY too buggy.
Last edited by TheSmellOfNapalm on Apr 18, 2024, 3:31:51 PM
This is bugged out the wazoo for me. I spawn the rares t7 necropolis mod on the lantern. quant 80+ and sometimes I get the credit but more often I do not.
This challenge is buggy and barely counts progress. I have been deleting maps looking for Magistrate Haunted, when I get the Magistrate Haunted I make sure it is VII Rank and run the map. When I encounter a Rare of that mob type I read the mods to make sure it is indeed Magistrate Haunted. Once I confirm it is Haunted and a Rare I kill it. I go to check my Challenge tracker and confirm that is it not counting progress. This only happens sometimes, but it happens more than it doesn't. Also yes my maps are rolled for 80%+ before putting it into the map device.
"
aceKyle wrote:
Also yes my maps are rolled for 80%+ before putting it into the map device.

Make sure that when you're going for this challenge, you are not using an Atlas tree with Meticulous Appraiser allocated.

The map itself has to have 80% item quantity, not the item; since Meticulous Appraiser converts map IIQ to IIR, you can't progress challenges requiring map quality while it is allocated.
"
Jadian wrote:
"
aceKyle wrote:
Also yes my maps are rolled for 80%+ before putting it into the map device.

Make sure that when you're going for this challenge, you are not using an Atlas tree with Meticulous Appraiser allocated.

The map itself has to have 80% item quantity, not the item; since Meticulous Appraiser converts map IIQ to IIR, you can't progress challenges requiring map quality while it is allocated.

Yep. Double-checked. Don't even bother with that Keystone to begin with. It's just a buggy challenge. It's fine I guess. I'll get it by brute forcing it. -66 Maps, +13 Rares since posting, 68/100 at time of posting.

Edit: Worth noting that using Allflames or maybe Scarab of Adversaries on Magistrate VII Haunted maps seems to be a big problem. I've had more success leaving the native monsters be rather than using Allflames or Scarab of Adversaries.
Last edited by aceKyle on Apr 24, 2024, 3:59:25 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info