Overall Game Perfomance state - and why GGG is in silenced mode about it?

Since what time - playing ARPG/Hack and Slash genre game in 2024 with average ~25 Fps with 640*480 pixel graphics on good gaming PC - become a normal thing - and why GGG not doing anything about it?

I was expecting a big performance patch update 1-2 days ago - but it seems they don't care about it at all.

Server state/stability - is another thing - but this one at least not new thing.

Every map im playing with average 25fps on events like Expedition/Rituals/Deliriums/Incrursions, Blight - fully unplayable - im just skipping them - because its unreal even to move character there with 5-10 fps.

There was some FPS drops in Affliction and earlier leagues from 60 FPS to 40-45 on some "overloaded VFX layers events" - but in Necropolis for some reason it just become stable ~20-25 FPS almost on any event in game.

Last edited by FreshMeat93 on Apr 8, 2024, 7:08:03 AM
Last bumped on Apr 22, 2024, 4:58:19 PM
I have to ask some of the same questions.

I've never had huge issues with PoE performance (besides server issues). The last 3 years I have been playing at 3440x1440 without issues. This league, my game runs like shit, and dynamic resolution is being activated everytime there's more than a few monsters on the screen. Hell, dynamic resolution is even being activated in towns. And without dynamic resolution? Well... Lets not talk about those low numbers, they are embarrassing.

I REFUSE to lower my resolution down to 1080p. That should not be required on a system running a 4070, AMD7 7700 and 48GB@6400 DDR5.

Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Last edited by Phrazz on Apr 8, 2024, 7:10:55 AM
Game is in perfect condition. You just need better hardware.

Spoiler
@shameless whiteknight homies
amidoindisrite?
"
Phrazz wrote:
The last 3 years I have been playing at 3440x1440 without issues.

Same.
I'm palying also with 3440*1440.
"
Phrazz wrote:

This league, my game runs like shit, and dynamic resolution is being activated everytime there's more than a few monsters on the screen.

+1.
Also dynamic resolution not helping with "stable framerate at all" - its same 20FPS.

"
Phrazz wrote:

I REFUSE to lower my resolution down to 1080p.

Im did already - that's not helping at all at 2560*1080.

Last edited by FreshMeat93 on Apr 8, 2024, 7:22:59 AM
Every engine update makes the game worse. After this awful 3.21.2 patch they were looking for C++ Engine Programmer, and job still is available. I bet they can't fix the problems.

Look at this post:
"
Desecrate's base skill effects are affecting performance. Can you please fix it?

We have a fix for this coming at launch (we've enabled Dynamic Culling for the skill so its performance should be better if you have the setting enabled).

It still works like shit, even with their attempt.
"End of March makes 3 months and 21 days which is almost 4 months and not 3 1/2, get your math right hoho."
https://youtu.be/wbGSaV7M2wA?si=pXMaJdH-qXilYdce

1fps
"
FreshMeat93 wrote:
Since what time - playing ARPG/Hack and Slash genre game in 2024 with average ~25 Fps with 640*480 pixel graphics on good gaming PC - become a normal thing - and why GGG not doing anything about it?

I was expecting a big performance patch update 1-2 days ago - but it seems they don't care about it at all.

Server state/stability - is another thing - but this one at least not new thing.

Every map im playing with average 25fps on events like Expedition/Rituals/Deliriums/Incrursions, Blight - fully unplayable - im just skipping them - because its unreal even to move character there with 5-10 fps.

There was some FPS drops in Affliction and earlier leagues from 60 FPS to 40-45 on some "overloaded VFX layers events" - but in Necropolis for some reason it just become stable ~20-25 FPS almost on any event in game.

Define "good gaming PC". We need specs.
I'd be more sympathetic to the constantly increasing hardware requirements if the graphics design was something besides gray on black, brown on black, dark gray on brown, and constantly dark environments with two pixels of illumination (and no brightness correction).

I look at an endgame combat screen of D3 (or D4) and immediately see the enemies and what is happening, while here it just looks like one incomprehensible blob regardless of resolution or hardware.
Yup, game runs way worse this league, big fps drops.
I was one who keep the game running in the background sitting in the hideout doing nothing while I am working with the computer or sometimes even playing other games, for trading with other POE players. The impact with the memory and CPU was so low. Now, this CPU spikes scare a hell to me and I refuse to work with CPU fan running like a wild beast. I notice this increase of power requirements in the last league, but it was somewhat manageable.
in this league I am here complaining in the forums, instead of playing the game. I complete shut it down and I even afraid to play, When I see the CPU close to 100%, it scares a hell to me and I jump to crab the firing extinguish.
Last edited by B00b on Apr 8, 2024, 1:36:48 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info