Please bring back TOTA as a endgame mechanic!

I love Trials of the Ancestors. Don't even have to add it to the Atlas passive tree, just re-enable Silver Coin drops. Since GGG seems to keep implementing tattoos and omens in various ways since the TOTA league, might as well have a permanent source of them through the Trials again too.

TOTA gang, rise up!! If they brought back Ultimatum, they can bring back TOTA too.
Last bumped on May 2, 2024, 8:05:20 AM
TOTA is love, TOTA is life!!
+1

But only after GGG rebalances the content so you don't have to run a very specific niche build to farm it. That was my biggest gripe with TotA.
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
Last edited by Pizzarugi on Apr 12, 2024, 3:17:20 AM
"
Mistletoes wrote:
I love Trials of the Ancestors. Don't even have to add it to the Atlas passive tree, just re-enable Silver Coin drops. Since GGG seems to keep implementing tattoos and omens in various ways since the TOTA league, might as well have a permanent source of them through the Trials again too.

TOTA gang, rise up!! If they brought back Ultimatum, they can bring back TOTA too.

TOTA was a lot of fun. I'd love to see it come back with some better loot balance. The drops were overtuned, but the mechanic itself was extremely fun, and had a flow of its own, very different from standard game play.

I'd love to see it return in a more polished format.
Last edited by Sabranic_SilverDeth on Apr 12, 2024, 3:19:31 AM
I don't see why? It was the same thing over and over again with the same gear and the same tactic. The only interesting thing is the rewards we can choose.
Last edited by Johny_Snow on Apr 12, 2024, 3:24:15 AM
"
Johny_Snow wrote:
I don't see why? It was the same thing over and over again with the same gear and the same tactic. The only interesting thing is the rewards we can choose.

PoE is basically the same thing over and over. Enter map, blow everything up, repeat. The entire genre is very reputative by nature - and the game is made by Grinding Gear Games... I think you can see where I'm going here...

There was actually a lot of nuance in your team and gear selections - I found mass summoning skeletons with totems and using others types of crowd control to be extremely fun - you became more of a helper to your team - a coach if you will - rather than simply blowing the enemies up.

If you played multiplayer, it became UTTERLY manic, with 2-3 bosses to deal with... oh the dread... Arrows and Ice...

...had so much fun with that league.

If anything, I'd want more in depth itemization of your team and some more diverse stats for my teammates.

Maybe even some skill gems geared directly toward TotA.

I found the entire league delightful.
Last edited by Sabranic_SilverDeth on Apr 12, 2024, 3:30:14 AM
They already reused most of tota stuff in one or another way. So luckily we can expect that this terrible mechanic won't ever make it's way into the game.
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
Ugh, that's not what I meant. You can clear content in PoE with different builds. However, the best way to farm TOTA is to use exactly one build. You all know what I am talking about.
Utter garbage mechanic. Just put some good uniques behind this so I have more reasons to not to play.
"End of March makes 3 months and 21 days which is almost 4 months and not 3 1/2, get your math right hoho."
Everything as replacement for tormented spirits is fine.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info