Implement necropolis into the game permanently or change it now

To save you design time, and to allow more time for next league design and POE 2.

How to implement the necropolis league into the game permanently using existing tech:

Tech used:
- Item + sockets + alt description + gem stash tab + hideout NPC interaction

What to do:
1. Create an itemized Necropolis Item of 3x3 size (quest reward item).
2. Upon completing the quest, you get the Necropolis NPC in your hideout and you can open the Necropolis Map
3. All corpses are transformed to 1x1 gem-style items, that can be socketed, that have a description according to the corpse effects. Extra: They can be picked up or sent to the gem tab automatically.
4. Add a corpse tab to the premium gem tab.
5. Opening the Necropolis Map overlays a UI of the necropolis area with each corpse position as an empty non-colorized socket slot.

6. Allow players to use alt to see description of applied mods:

7. Allow players to use fusing orbs to link or unlink graves
8. Any set of linked graves can be crafted with a button.
9. Upon clicking the craft button the UI already designed shows up, with the base selection and the reminder of mods.

That’s it, we would no longer need to go to a different location; we can store corpses easily, and you dont have to create any new tech.
Last bumped on May 7, 2024, 10:22:54 AM
Bump!

I thought this was a cool idea, but I haven't received any feedback.
As an enjoyer of the crafted items I really dislike setting up 88 corpses each craft.

But what's really the problem here is that it actually devalues endgame crafting in PoE. If u thought Harvest was bad for the game, Necro tops that.

It has never been so easy to get 6x T1 items or crazy stuff like tripple fractured influenced stuff ect.
That's cool for a league, but if that goes core it's just as bad as letting affliction go core.

So if Necro goes core it will be either extremely neutered, which basically defeats the purpose of it or the corpses will be so rare that u have to invest 50-100 divs to make one craft. I don't know how I'd feel about that.
Right now I can invest around 15-20 Divs and be pretty confident to make a profit while still using one of the outcomes. I don't know if I would do that gamble with a 100 div buyin.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info