High Frame Latency & Low FPS Since 3.23.2c and into 3.24.0 (Potentially also During 3.23.2b)

Any time that I engage with any monsters in Path of Exile, my fps just absolutely tanks.

I logged in late last league, during affliction, and two patches had occurred in the time that I had been away. 3.23.2c and 3.23.2b.

Ever since logging in and getting the "cache cleanup" notification, my performance has been absolutely horrible. I am not sure if this is related, but I do remember that before getting that notification, everything ran smoothly.

I pushed through 100 maps in 3.24 Necropolis, hoping that the issue would resolve itself. Maybe the shader cache needed to repopulate. However, it never got better.

I then tried uninstalling/reinstalling both my graphics drivers and Path of Exile.
I tried deleting the cache.
And I tried deleting the config files.

I've even messed with all of the video settings in game. Toggling things on and off, trying to reduce performance strain. Disabling vsync, changing the renderer to dx12 or vulcan, windowed, windowed full screen, full screen, etc.

Nothing has worked.

Please help GGG, I'm at my wits' end.

Hardware:
11th Gen Intel i7-11700k
32 GB Ram
Nvidia RTX 3080

Here is a video of an average map.
And it's honestly been even worse than this at times:
https://youtu.be/Q26xqTxOQDs

Here are my graphics settings:

Last edited by TelvanniPoE on Apr 1, 2024, 11:16:42 PM
Last bumped on Apr 20, 2024, 12:28:19 PM
Talked with a friend of mine and got things mostly sorted out.

Swapping to DX12 worked this time.

Along with swapping back to dynamic culling at 60 fps target frame rate.

And triple buffering.
I have the same problem, no response from GGG and no fix. The game is completely unplayable for me because of the sudden FPS drop and CPU/Latency spike.
I just copied your changes and I swear it feels like I'm playing a completely different game. You honestly saved the league for me and my friends as we were also running into awful lag this league. I can't thank you for making this post!
Same problem for me since Nekropolis, each time there are:
- lot of people (town)
- one people with a lot of MTX (in hideout)
- lot of monsters (especially when events begin)

There are also visual effects like blue lasers in Niko's mine if I chain diging map, which force me to reset the game.

I tried vulkan, D11 and D12. No change.
It would be great to patch this performance issue.
I also have the same problem, and i am quiting the league because of that.

i farmed sanctum so i could reroll in to another expensive build and turns out i cant play the game because of the lag
same, i will not quit the league only..the company has turned into something i wont tolerate any longer.
Last edited by sownice on Apr 20, 2024, 8:29:51 AM
I have high latency (50-70) on South Africa server.
The other servers are worse.

When I play the game, it can crash in about 5mins.

Sometimes I can play for hours without any crash.

So the problem cannot be in my pc.

This is so discouraging.

A free to play game, but I cannot play it.

Its pointless to make new leagues, if people cannot even play it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info