Console populatio? - xbox, alot of players?

Hey guys,

Its been a while since i played but now since theres a new league out, how populated is the game on xbox?
Is it healthy do you guys see a fair amount of players?
Or is it dead aka ghost townish even now with the new league?

I dont own a game pc no more id like to play it again on console but not if the game is a ghost town...
Last edited by xSS Freez on Mar 31, 2024, 4:39:17 PM
Last bumped on Apr 9, 2024, 3:27:59 AM
You can check players at events - League ladders to get a idea how populated.
I will say it's quite ok even ppl say nobody plays on console.
ps are more popular than xbox thought.
Console in general is in the worst state I have ever personally seen. Here is an example. Xbox is active chat wise, but the population makes the game nearly SSF in some cases.
Back when there were some statistics available that made is possible to make some educated guesses about the populations of various platforms, Console made up about 2.5% of active PoE players, that being about 1.5% PS and 1% XBox, but that was *years* ago, and the numbers have surely fluctuated.

The PC population has grown quite a bit in that time, and I think it's reasonable to assume that the console population has as well, but it is still tiny by comparison to PC.

This league seems to have fewer players than last, but I think that's likely a result of a combination of factors that have led to worse player retention. The biggest factor is probably how popular and long-lived Affliction was--lots of players are simply burned out. Certainly the initial negative reaction of Reddit due to less than ideal balance of the league mechanic, combined with it being the first "unskippable" league in ages is definitely also a factor.

All that said, I think the game is in a fantastic state right now, and, if you're interested in playing, you should play. The game is free, after all. All you have to lose is your time.
"
QQPQ wrote:
Back when there were some statistics available that made is possible to make some educated guesses about the populations of various platforms, Console made up about 2.5% of active PoE players, that being about 1.5% PS and 1% XBox, but that was *years* ago, and the numbers have surely fluctuated.

The PC population has grown quite a bit in that time, and I think it's reasonable to assume that the console population has as well, but it is still tiny by comparison to PC.

This league seems to have fewer players than last, but I think that's likely a result of a combination of factors that have led to worse player retention. The biggest factor is probably how popular and long-lived Affliction was--lots of players are simply burned out. Certainly the initial negative reaction of Reddit due to less than ideal balance of the league mechanic, combined with it being the first "unskippable" league in ages is definitely also a factor.

All that said, I think the game is in a fantastic state right now, and, if you're interested in playing, you should play. The game is free, after all. All you have to lose is your time.

Having played 4 of the last 5 leagues to level 100, this league and console in general is not in a good state. I enjoy the game too but people need to know that their decided playstyle will determine how their experience goes on console. It's harder to switch builds, it's much harder to get niche builds running and for the most part it's a worse experience than PC.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info