Lore of PoE

Hello everyone.

I apologize if this isn't the right section to post about this but i was wondering if there are any websites dedicated to the stories and lore of the world of Path of Exile?
Last bumped on Apr 1, 2024, 2:44:21 PM
yes youtube video creator kitten cat noodle has made like 100s of videos on poe lore for ppl that dont want to search it in obscure places ingame https://www.youtube.com/@KittenCatNoodle
KittenCatNoodle's a great resource, I'm also happy to chat if you've a particular question in mind.
"
KittenCatNoodle's a great resource, I'm also happy to chat if you've a particular question in mind.

Hello Northern Ronin, thanks for reaching out.

Is there a forum section for lore? i tried to look for that but couldn't find it.

About the lore there's so much i would love to know/read, expand my knowledge about Wraeclast, we, our character is called Exiled...why? Where did we came from?

Who is Sirus? He looks so badass by the way.
They were exiled from Oriath, big island (like UK) to Wreaclast (like Stralia) because powerful man decided to.

Thats for start.

Play game, listen dialogues, read what can be read and eventually You will go deep.
Last edited by de99ial on Mar 30, 2024, 1:37:21 AM
"
Splat_86 wrote:
Is there a forum section for lore? i tried to look for that but couldn't find it.

Sadly no, not really. The PoE Wiki has some of it, but the reformating of it recently buried a lot of it in favor of focusing on gameplay information. There is stuff out there, compiled documents, but they take some work to find. And a lot of lore is not plainly stated, it's a puzzle the game alludes to like everything else.

"
Splat_86 wrote:
our character is called Exiled...why? Where did we came from?

All of the core characters (and most of the characters you interact with) are from a place called Oriath, it is a large island roughly the size of New Zealand. Oriath is a strict theocrated slave state lead by the Templar (at the start of the game, lead by High Templar Dominus, and near the end, Avarius). Oriath started massive exiling under Dominus some years ago (for a plan he's doing, but that's not openly known), shipping anyone found in violation of a large enough law to slave labor or exile to Wraeclast. The playable characters all have their own reasons for being exiled (The Duellest killed a noble in a duel, the ranger was caught hunting on a nobles land, the Marauder was black). Most of the NPC's you meet where also exiled for some reason (Hardigan is a career criminal, Manamora a Karui freedom fighter, Niko tried to start a cult).

"
Splat_86 wrote:
Who is Sirus? He looks so badass by the way.

Sirus was added in a later expansion as a new end boss for maps, the second major addition of such 'pinnacle' bosses (Conquerors of the Atlas). He, and his fellows (Zana, Al-Hezmin, Baran, Drox and Veritania) fought against the Elder and Shaper initially (after the events of the core story). But Sirus is killed (sorta) by the Elder and became an empty shell. The other four are simply power mad with the atlas and have lost touch with reality. But the Elder is odd, and things it 'devours' seem to become VERY powerful, amorale and bleak beings. Sirus later (after being hunted by Zana and unnamed players), launches an attack on Oriath directly, destroying most of the island and rendering it uninhabitable (this is the bossfight proper, which took place in the old shared endgame hub). After his death with the help of Zana, the Oriathan survivors fled to the Karui archeipelgo, where the current endgame hub resides, managed by Kirac. Zana is still missing after these events.
"
the Marauder was black

This is complete liberal bs. Marauder was exiled for rebelling against his owner (he was karui slave) and got an option to be executed or exiled.
"
(at the start of the game, lead by High Templar Dominus, and near the end, Avarius)

Avarius took the role after Dominus moved to Wraeclast.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info