FAQ Answer Plz: Does new Call to Arms gem trigger multiple linked Warcries?

Currently with the Call to Arms keystone only one warcry can be cast at a time as they share a cooldown.

However, I am starting to see build guides where two warcries are being linked to the Call to Arms gem.

Also in the teaser video it seems that both Infernal and Enduring Cry were triggered as the cooldown expired implying that multiple warcries can be linked. My thoughts here are that both are instant and there is no timing difference from them being cast so they trigger simultaneously.

Then in the interview with Ziz yesterday, Mark said that only one warcry, the one earliest in the gem sequence, would fire off and the other would instantly be on cooldown preventing it from also casting.

Could we get some clarification before launch with specific examples as to how the new Call to Arms gem will work linked to multiple warcies please?

Thank you!
Last bumped on Mar 30, 2024, 12:05:23 AM
Last edited by anti4z500 on Mar 27, 2024, 3:31:52 PM
"
cacmeister wrote:
Currently with the Call to Arms keystone only one warcry can be cast at a time as they share a cooldown.

However, I am starting to see build guides where two warcries are being linked to the Call to Arms gem.

Also in the teaser video it seems that both Infernal and Enduring Cry were triggered as the cooldown expired implying that multiple warcries can be linked. My thoughts here are that both are instant and there is no timing difference from them being cast so they trigger simultaneously.

Then in the interview with Ziz yesterday, Mark said that only one warcry, the one earliest in the gem sequence, would fire off and the other would instantly be on cooldown preventing it from also casting.

Could we get some clarification before launch with specific examples as to how the new Call to Arms gem will work linked to multiple warcies please?

Thank you!

No. They said it was a bug in the preview.

The gem did say warcries share cooldowns so I think we all knew it was coming.
EDIT: I was salty and apologize. I'm just mad that general's cry (my FAVORITE build I ever made without using a guide--got nerfed and lost a damage support link & gained a huge mana cost increase.) The cooldown buff is helpful : /

Further EDIT: I realize there are tricks to tricker warcries using the eternal apple and maybe a few other options so I'm going to try that direction. Using 4 warcries in a row to then slam something 2-3 times feels pretty bad compared to just doing any other build ever.

(INITIAL REACTION)
"This FEELS AWFUL. I also thought "automation triggers multiple spells so call to arms probably triggers multiple warcries" and I was wrong. Call to arms is basically just to automate enduring cry now.

Perhaps let us spend points or invest into warcries so that we can trigger multiple at once with this mana costly support gem?"

Last edited by Flaming_Biscuit on Mar 30, 2024, 12:42:47 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info