Heist contract implicits got forgotten in 3.24, why is this important

I fully understand that to most players heist is about collecting attributed random loot and selling it once in a few weeks to special, magical people, who know what it is and what to do about it.

But let's talk here about those magical folks. Dedicated heisters. For them, doing maps, as a gateway to their primary content of choice, must be in some manner justified. Otherwise, they would... not do maps. Contract implicits were, for those dedicated heisters, the only good reason to do maps, instead of relying on the market to supply all their markers, contracts, and blueprints.

Sounds far-fetched? It is not, and I will explain.

A contract with an implicit is always between 2 to 3 times more valuable than that very same contract without. However, details matter. Depending on specifics, an implicit could turn garbage contracts into slightly better garbage. Or, garbage contracts into valuable contracts. Or, already valuable contracts into highly lucrative ones. With many steps in between. However, a typical non-heister player wouldn't be able to recognize the difference. Hence, it made the most sense to farm those contracts by heisters themselves. Providing an advantage to those who also did mapping content. A clear incentive to branch out into maps.

Without implicits, this incentive will be gone.

Is this your actual design decision, or was this matter simply overlooked?
Last bumped on Mar 28, 2024, 4:42:27 AM
Crippling heist once again. First they removed alt quality gems, now no way to force spawn heist chests in maps and removal of implicits. No heist scarabs. It's the only content type which doesn't have them. Who needs dumb ghosts and rogue exiles scarabs? Yet they exist.
If you standard and have those sextants with that grant contracts with implicits then do it now.
yep this sextant was cool and it was cheap too.
im sad that there's nothing for heist but we got useless throwaway crap such as barrels or mirrored monster packs. Or tormented spirits lol, who runs this mechanic in 2024.
"
Esubane wrote:
im sad that there's nothing for heist but we got useless throwaway crap such as barrels or mirrored monster packs. Or tormented spirits lol, who runs this mechanic in 2024.

I used ghost mechanic a bit for farming gilded scarabs. There was mod that guaranteed gilded scarab from first 3 possessed rare mobs. When you enable Seance you get guaranteed 5 rare mobs. But this mod was removed too. Lol.
"
"
Esubane wrote:

I used ghost mechanic a bit for farming gilded scarabs. There was mod that guaranteed gilded scarab from first 3 possessed rare mobs. When you enable Seance you get guaranteed 5 rare mobs. But this mod was removed too. Lol.

winged* scarabs. I don't remeber which league exactly, 3.20 or 3.21.
Winged scarab variant required elevated sextant from The Maven to roll and was worth 50-70 divines on trade. But back then that 2,500 harvest juice craft on maps simply said "maps do not consume sextant uses". So you could sustain this forever, just keep enchanting maps with harvest. Along with 3 other expensive / valuable sextants.

You literally never had to buy sextants anymore and were self-sustaining winged scarabs which itself is pretty crazy. And after youre done you just sell the sextant to get your 70 div back.

They broke this by making harvest bench craft only have 50% chance to not consume sextants.
"
tronax wrote:
Is this your actual design decision, or was this matter simply overlooked?

I genuinely think they forgot about heist this league.

But I mean, at least you can still trade for contracts and blueprints and markers and just ignore maps altogether. Delvers are still forced into maps. And now that sextants are gone, there's no need to get a single voidstone, so they're actually saving us time!
Indeed, it is very likely.

We know that devs don't play heist ever since they introduced those "heist contract level X chance" atlas perks. Otherwise, they would know, that it's the lower-level contracts that are desirable. This makes 2 out of those 3 perks utterly useless (and harmful).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info