New Gem System Coming To PoE 1?

Can we get the new gem system for PoE 1 soon? Hopefully, this isn't a PoE 2 exclusive feature because the new gem system is just better than the current one, allowing for more than two six-linked gems is such an improvement.

Or like to retain the iconic 6-link system, it's possible to make helmets, gloves, and boots to have up to 6 sockets. Put the sockets and links on the left-hand screen like in Path of Exile 2 so it doesn't constantly cover the item.
Last edited by Solo_Player_8 on Mar 27, 2024, 2:24:48 AM
Last bumped on Mar 28, 2024, 6:51:45 AM
I am not quite sure how that would work with current modifiers such as gems are supported by blah blah level 20 on items.
Same with items such as squire.

I wouldnt keep my hopes up (:
You ain't gonna get the massive power creep of multiple 6 links in PoE1.
Both PoE1 and PoE2 are separate games and the new gem system is balanced for PoE2 and not PoE1, so drop that hope.
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
Last edited by Pashid on Mar 27, 2024, 4:12:01 AM
there definitely are ways that GGG can make the new gem system work in poe 1.

make all legacy gear gain a legacy tag.

legacy gear uses the old linking system.

you can remove the legacy tag by vendoring the legacy gear to get a new version of the equipment. vendoring this way gives you the exact same item but updated to allow the use of the new gem system.

equipment that has special gem functions like crest of desire and squire cannot be converted to non legacy for obvious reasons.
[Removed by Support]
"
Pashid wrote:
Both PoE1 and PoE2 are separate games and the new gem system is balanced for PoE2 and not PoE1, so drop that hope.

Having multiple 6-links isn't a massive power creep, you can only use 1 6-link damage skill at a time unless you use totems which is 2 max. It would allow players to use up to 3 or 4 damage skills for more gameplay variety, while the other stays inactive until used. I'm looking for a developer response but hopefully, they realize how important this feature is for PoE 1, if it is a PoE 2 exclusive and PoE 2 stays a separate game, the community will be divided and PoE 1 will probably become a dead game which isn't good. Making PoE 1 and 2 a separate game was a bad decision, all those updates over the years wouldn't be as important. Plus nobody will have the freaking time to do 40/40 challenges on PoE 1 and 2 over 3-4 months.
Last edited by Solo_Player_8 on Mar 27, 2024, 10:03:43 PM
"
Pashid wrote:

That is not what GGG advertised that they were going to deliver for the majority of PoE2's development.

Changes were made to items even in PoE1 before the announcement they were splitting the games that only make sense with the new gem system otherwise it locks far too many builds out of the game permanently.

Its a mess.
Innocence forgives you
Last edited by SilentSymphony on Mar 27, 2024, 11:05:18 PM
"
Solo_Player_8 wrote:
Having multiple 6-links isn't a massive power creep, you can only use 1 6-link damage skill at a time unless you use totems which is 2 max.

Uhh.... no.

Totems?

Minions?

Traps?

Mines?

Triggered skills?

Literally any skill which deals damage over time or has a duration tag?

There are probably more skills in this game you COULD use concurrently than ones you couldn't. Having access to more than one 6-link skill is an insane amount of power creep, on literally any build.
"
"
Pashid wrote:

That is not what GGG advertised that they were going to deliver for the majority of PoE2's development.

Changes were made to items even in PoE1 before the announcement they were splitting the games that only make sense with the new gem system otherwise it locks far too many builds out of the game permanently.

Its a mess.

This is true - a great many balance changes were made to PoE 1 in preparation for the PoE 2 features. I believe a several of the most significant nerfs over the past 3 years were driven because of the easy availability of 6-links in PoE 2.

I don't know if it's even feasible to go back this far along.

This is why I'm not a fan of developers treating live games like rolling beta tests. But it seems to be the state of the industry at this point.
Last edited by Sabranic_SilverDeth on Mar 28, 2024, 6:52:45 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info