Newbie question on minions and DPS

So I'm still learning how to use PoB to evaluate how I'm progressing, and learned how to get a "Full DPS" report. When I do that, it's showing that I get ~1260 DPS from 4 minions from Herald of Purity, but about 80 DPS from 3 minions from Absolution. Both gems are level 6, and have supporting gems, and yes, I know that there can be differences between them based on how well the supporting gems work, but 315 DPS per minion for one skill and 27 DPS per minion from the other is a huge difference. Just trying to figure out if I'm doing something wrong in-game, misreading something in PoB, or if the difference between these skill gems really is that big.
Last bumped on Mar 28, 2024, 11:44:15 AM
anyone?
Your absolution is linked to Void Manipulation. Absolution is a LIGHTNING minion, and void manipulation turns off all elemental damage. That's causing a pretty heavy hit.

Herald of Purity is not linked to any supports.

I have not used HoP as a minion skill, nor have I used Absolution so I don't know the specifics but....minions tend to have multiple attacks. In PoB, you need to make sure you are looking at the "correct" attack, or else averaging all the attacks together yourself.
That's very helpful, thanks!
Herald of Purity - great to use if you are using an attack skill yourself.

Absolution is a spell, so won't benefit from HoP. Absolution minions can be absolutely wicked with the right supports and backup from other minions (think spectres, golem etc).

My profile is open, you can see my Guardians there who use spells/minions to give you some ideas. AbsalomMcFopdoodle in Standard league, and BruteFarceWetNoodle in SSF HC.

Either go all out minions and get rid of the attack stuff (glacial hammer etc), or go full attack with Herald of Purity to assist. It's best to stick to one thing, not many :)
😹😹😹😹😹
I do not and will not use TFT.
Gaming Granny :D
🐢🐢🐢🪲🪲🪲
Last edited by xjjanie on Mar 27, 2024, 10:38:57 PM
"
xjjanie wrote:
Herald of Purity - great to use if you are using an attack skill yourself.

Absolution is a spell, so won't benefit from HoP. Absolution minions can be absolutely wicked with the right supports and backup from other minions (think spectres, golem etc).

My profile is open, you can see my Guardians there who use spells/minions to give you some ideas. AbsalomMcFopdoodle in Standard league, and BruteFarceWetNoodle in SSF HC.

Either go all out minions and get rid of the attack stuff (glacial hammer etc), or go full attack with Herald of Purity to assist. It's best to stick to one thing, not many :)

Thanks for the tips.

This is my first char, and I've been playing SSF so far, not formally, but haven't done any trading, so everything so far is just using what I've found. The Absolution skill wasn't intended to be long term, but worked well enough to get me going.

Yes, I use Glacial Hammer attacks to get the HoP minions going. Using Absolution at the same time, I have 7 minions up most of the time (4 HoP, 3 Absolution).

I don't understand what you said about spectres and golems, how to get them, or how they support the Absolution minions. Could you point me to some info on how that works?
Just use absolution to get the HoP minions. You will get both minions over time. And make sure to remove that void manipulation or absolution will remain useless.

Or if you are dead set on using an attack then remove absolution.
Last edited by gladiatorpie on Mar 28, 2024, 11:23:24 AM
There's no need to try to use every gem you find. You can buy the gems you need from vendors in towns, each vendor has its own set of gems for sale, you can return to previous towns and buy the gems you need.
Pay attention to gem tags and damage types, some of them are not compatible or have poor effectiveness, for example, your "Absolution-Void Manipulation" or "Glacial Hammer-Chance to Bleed Support" links.
Try to choose how to deal damage and focus on that - minions or yourself, attacks or spells. You won't be able to support all types at once.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info