This patch invalidates the Baron, please do not forget about it.

Hello dear devs, Zombie Father here.

I'm worried that no one will ever need to play Baron anymore. In this patch you just gave the leech bonus to all minions for relatively free.

This is a good buff for minion players, but I think the leech was the last stronghold the Baron had, and it's a shame to see such a good unique with a great concept go to waste.

Please give it a little buff before the patch so we can justify using it again.

One thing I have in mind is that, zombies are pretty much useless without aggressive behaviour, other than being a meat shield. In order to solve that, zombie players have two options: get an aggressive wand (really expensive to start with) or use feeding frenzy on main link.

On the other hand, zombie health issues are fixed on last patch with gem changes (thank you), so the %10-20 minion life on the Baron no longer needed.

Here is my proposal, remove % life on the Baron and add:

With at least 1000-1500 strength, your raised zombies are aggressive

This should allow us to have another support gem, giving around 30% damage buff (zombies already have pretty low damage) and it gives us another option besides an aggressive wand with the cost of an endgame rare helmet.

The concept is, a worthy Baron's zombies got to be aggressive in nature.

Just my two cents, inspired by this reddit post.

It can also be any other buff, but please, the Baron needs some love!
My name is Sir Moustache the Glorious, but everybody calls me Zombie Father.

https://www.youtube.com/@sirmoustachetheglorious

https://pobarchives.com
Last bumped on Mar 30, 2024, 9:00:16 AM
on one hand i could see it as a shame that this unique stat isnt as unique anymore, but on the other, you basically have the power of an ascendancy node on a unique item to justify other classes (like guardian or ascendant).

I'd be happy with a change or it staying the same, since its already good enough to build around, even if necro might become better
Give bigger Zombie size pls :)
Yes Please!!!!
Truly a noble Baron, accompanied by dedicated servitors.
"
Lilianvoss wrote:
on one hand i could see it as a shame that this unique stat isnt as unique anymore, but on the other, you basically have the power of an ascendancy node on a unique item to justify other classes (like guardian or ascendant).

I'd be happy with a change or it staying the same, since its already good enough to build around, even if necro might become better

Good points, but I think having that ascendancy point on the item does not justify playing anything other than necromancer for minions anymore. This new ascendancy changes are too powerful alone to make necromancer the only way to play minions. I love the flexible build variety of PoE.
My name is Sir Moustache the Glorious, but everybody calls me Zombie Father.

https://www.youtube.com/@sirmoustachetheglorious

https://pobarchives.com
Last edited by zemzemkoko on Mar 25, 2024, 5:59:15 PM
Imo the should buff the "more hp" even more. Make it good helmet for Falling Zombies.
Greeting Fellow Zombie lovers,

Was asked ( as the creator of the baron ) for a little input here.

I've asked, several times for a rework on this item. they have no intention of doing so it seems.

They even removed the Flat Strength Mod and never added it to the patch notes.

Maybe if you make enough noise they will listen and get back to me about it :)

Cheers, glad there are some Baron lovers out there.
"
zemzemkoko wrote:
Hello dear devs, Zombie Father here.

I'm worried that no one will ever need to play Baron anymore. In this patch you just gave the leech bonus to all minions for relatively free.

This is a good buff for minion players, but I think the leech was the last stronghold the Baron had, and it's a shame to see such a good unique with a great concept go to waste.

Please give it a little buff before the patch so we can justify using it again.

One thing I have in mind is that, zombies are pretty much useless without aggressive behaviour, other than being a meat shield. In order to solve that, zombie players have two options: get an aggressive wand (really expensive to start with) or use feeding frenzy on main link.

On the other hand, zombie health issues are fixed on last patch with gem changes (thank you), so the %10-20 minion life on the Baron no longer needed.

Here is my proposal, remove % life on the Baron and add:

With at least 1000-1500 strength, your raised zombies are aggressive

This should allow us to have another support gem, giving around 30% damage buff (zombies already have pretty low damage) and it gives us another option besides an aggressive wand with the cost of an endgame rare helmet.

The concept is, a worthy Baron's zombies got to be aggressive in nature.

Just my two cents, inspired by this reddit post.

It can also be any other buff, but please, the Baron needs some love!

Although I do like the new necro ascendency change, I do agree it makes the Baron unique a little redundant, and I do think that it will reduce the diversity of minion builds, in terms of which classes will use them or certainly full minion builds. As why would you put effort into getting 1000 strength when you can get the same from an ascendancy.

I don't feel like it needs a huge buff, more a rework so it would feel worthwhile to fit it into your build and to use minions on a different class.
Last edited by Steven_82 on Mar 25, 2024, 6:46:07 PM
+1

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info