Bladefall is bugged with Spell Cascade and Awakened Spell Cascade as of a recent minor update

When using Bladefall with either Spell Cascade or Awakened Spell Cascade, about 30-50% of the time, it will not target where the cursor was. On those bugged casts, it will instead cast at max range, and be extremely concentrated in one spot. Using Blade Blast there makes it very strong, but the randomness messes with muscle memory for the BFBB combo.

I recorded a short clip with Awakened Spell Cascade, then neither support, and then regular Spell Cascade here:

https://imgur.com/a/DGaY88H

The other support gems are Unleash and Concentrated Effect, but neither of them make any difference (tested with and without them). There are no Bladefall or Unleash related mods on any other pieces of gear. The only active aura is Wrath, which changes nothing.

Let me know and I can record more specific tests you need.

I am sure this bug was not an issue early in 3.23. I played for a month and it did not happen the first month of the patch. Then I took a break from the game, returned last week, and noticed this bug. Were there any changes to Spell Cascade behavior in the middle of the patch?
Last edited by Xeeoph on Mar 18, 2024, 10:45:42 AM
Last bumped on Mar 26, 2024, 7:53:27 AM
I am having the exact same issue!
Can confirm.
"
pneuma_pneuma wrote:
Can confirm.

"
Fixed a bug introduced in 3.23.2 where Bladefall could target the wrong location when supported by Spell Cascade.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info