Dear GGG, if you intend to keep updating this game, please stop ruining it.

The design philosophy seems to add more systems and mechanics that add difficulty while only nerfing 99.9% of the player base. I'm a simple guy, I like to Blade Vortex my way around Waste Pool all day long, finding ways to make it to a comfortable 1M dps, I'm not a mega gamer who gets 40/40 trophy every league because that's not how I have fun in the game.

You have for the past few years done nothing but fuck me in the ass repeatedly and now I am here to voice my displeasure. There are several layers of difficulty that I am completely fine with admitting are a skill (currency) issue, I don't expect to invest 10 Chaos in a build and to be able to kill everything in the endgame without issue so don't be disingenuous in interpreting me, I am simply asking that you stop balancing the game around how strong the top 0.01% of players are. You ruined Ashrend, FINE. You nerfed Blade Vortex, FINE. You fucked Trickster, FINE. You fucked Chieftain, FINE. You fucked the perfectly fine harvest crafting, FINE. These are just the things I came up with off the top of my head, you know the list is longer, you're the ones who made it.

You're clearly fine with a certain amount of the player base being negatively affected by your "balance" changes but I fail to see how you could even call it balance.

Bossing sucks, you either go down the npc route of making an offscreen minion/trap build that does more damage in a single trap than I do going all out all in the comfort of not even seeing the target it kills. You have loads of layers of defense to add, tricking you into thinking that you could make a bosskiller with 500k dps and loads of defense, this does not work due to the fact that you don't allow a war of attrition playstyle, a super tanky player can still get oneshot by something that's incredibly poorly signaled. Every other ARPG has better bossfights than PoE and you seem completely fine with that being the case.

Enemy modifiers, you are very happy to give enemies mods that aren't properly scaled with their animations, making strong monsters able to hit you faster than you could ever react thus fucking over melee players (not to mention that ranged monsters can just casually crit you to death offscreen). The game you think you made clashes with what you implement.

Blighted maps, how have you still not fixed performance issues? There is no other part of the game my framerate goes as low as in blighted maps, my computer is good but you gaslight me into thinking I need a brand new PC just to see what's going on in a blighted map. There's no reason to have towers go inactive when you go far away from them, why would you trick players to leave their towers to add more just to find their pump destroyed from nowhere? This becomes an even bigger issue in blight-ravaged maps where having a well-prepared tower strategy is even more important yet you can through sheer luck end up in a scenario where your towers all spawn super far away from the pump with 4 lanes of pumps, congrats on wasting all the currency for the map! Also the lag makes the UI impossible to use, having to panic upgrade towers is retardedly hard, more oftan than not the game will think you clicked to move rather than upgrade.

What I'm asking for isn't unreasonable, it wouldn't negatively affect the top players who already breeze past all content, it would only increase build diversity and allow for players with different playstyles to experience the content which is the point right?
Last bumped on Mar 19, 2024, 5:45:21 PM
if its true that you play blade vortex......you've received almost no nerfs and gained MASSIVE buffs through the last 2 years or so. In fact, since the global nerfs of 3.14, BV has received about 3 rounds of buffs, not counting all the secondary buffs from related changes to weapon mods and tree mods and power creep on items.

[Removed by Support]
Last edited by Mousa_GGG on Mar 15, 2024, 5:49:07 PM
"
jsuslak313 wrote:
if its true that you play blade vortex......you've received almost no nerfs and gained MASSIVE buffs through the last 2 years or so. In fact, since the global nerfs of 3.14, BV has received about 3 rounds of buffs, not counting all the secondary buffs from related changes to weapon mods and tree mods and power creep on items.

Perhaps learn to play the game? Stop doing the same thing over and over again and instead aim to IMPROVE....

You don't need to be a mega-gamer, you just need to actually be a GAMER. If you are constantly feeling weaker league after league, when you are in fact playing a skill that is constantly getting stronger....it is most definitely a YOU problem.

[Removed by Support]
Last edited by Mousa_GGG on Mar 15, 2024, 5:51:55 PM
"
gnog wrote:
The design philosophy seems to add more systems and mechanics that add difficulty while only nerfing 99.9% of the player base. I'm a simple guy, I like to Blade Vortex my way around Waste Pool all day long, finding ways to make it to a comfortable 1M dps, I'm not a mega gamer who gets 40/40 trophy every league because that's not how I have fun in the game.

You have for the past few years done nothing but fuck me in the ass repeatedly and now I am here to voice my displeasure. There are several layers of difficulty that I am completely fine with admitting are a skill (currency) issue, I don't expect to invest 10 Chaos in a build and to be able to kill everything in the endgame without issue so don't be disingenuous in interpreting me, I am simply asking that you stop balancing the game around how strong the top 0.01% of players are. You ruined Ashrend, FINE. You nerfed Blade Vortex, FINE. You fucked Trickster, FINE. You fucked Chieftain, FINE. You fucked the perfectly fine harvest crafting, FINE. These are just the things I came up with off the top of my head, you know the list is longer, you're the ones who made it.

You're clearly fine with a certain amount of the player base being negatively affected by your "balance" changes but I fail to see how you could even call it balance.

Bossing sucks, you either go down the npc route of making an offscreen minion/trap build that does more damage in a single trap than I do going all out all in the comfort of not even seeing the target it kills. You have loads of layers of defense to add, tricking you into thinking that you could make a bosskiller with 500k dps and loads of defense, this does not work due to the fact that you don't allow a war of attrition playstyle, a super tanky player can still get oneshot by something that's incredibly poorly signaled. Every other ARPG has better bossfights than PoE and you seem completely fine with that being the case.

Enemy modifiers, you are very happy to give enemies mods that aren't properly scaled with their animations, making strong monsters able to hit you faster than you could ever react thus fucking over melee players (not to mention that ranged monsters can just casually crit you to death offscreen). The game you think you made clashes with what you implement.

Blighted maps, how have you still not fixed performance issues? There is no other part of the game my framerate goes as low as in blighted maps, my computer is good but you gaslight me into thinking I need a brand new PC just to see what's going on in a blighted map. There's no reason to have towers go inactive when you go far away from them, why would you trick players to leave their towers to add more just to find their pump destroyed from nowhere? This becomes an even bigger issue in blight-ravaged maps where having a well-prepared tower strategy is even more important yet you can through sheer luck end up in a scenario where your towers all spawn super far away from the pump with 4 lanes of pumps, congrats on wasting all the currency for the map! Also the lag makes the UI impossible to use, having to panic upgrade towers is retardedly hard, more oftan than not the game will think you clicked to move rather than upgrade.

What I'm asking for isn't unreasonable, it wouldn't negatively affect the top players who already breeze past all content, it would only increase build diversity and allow for players with different playstyles to experience the content which is the point right?

As a past blade vortex enjoyer I concur with this msg. I would add;

Bleed
Melee ignite (yes still)
Poison thats delivered by an actual poison themed skill
Impale
All of Melee in general excluding Boneshatter, Molten Strike and Lightning Strike

BTW Blade Vortex is an Honorary Melee skill in my book, its still okayish compared to a lot of other skills but its pretty terrible with low/mid investment. Then there's judging it grading on a curve of "this could have been a brand build". but then Brand skills are basically "every possible mechanical and scaling advantage all wrapped up in a skill" and were nothing but a huge design mistake to begin with.
"only 10% of players care about melee" - Aesop's Fox if he was a GGG dev
"when you die in this game, typically you're getting one shot, you're dieing in one frame; almost always" -Ben_
not going to condone his reply to you but this post is pure provocation and should be deleted IMO. It really seems disingenuous and fairly uninformed of the current state of the game if you think BV is in a good place relative to whats possible. You seem to be trying to judge BV in some sort of bad faith skill vacuum where it has some (unspecified and arguable) buffs and then use that dubious premise to be completely rude and elistist; without trying to consider if those "buffs" just keep the skills head above the waterline, let alone wether it makes it reasonably competitive with much higher ranged and easily scaled skills..
"only 10% of players care about melee" - Aesop's Fox if he was a GGG dev
"when you die in this game, typically you're getting one shot, you're dieing in one frame; almost always" -Ben_
I kind of agree, haven't been here for that long but builds are getting nerfed around skills and tattoos which only a select few people will ever afford, for example stacking 15 - 20 tattoo of the oaks on your char to squeeze out massive HP gains which is a big advantage, would cost 100 - 140 divs minimum

I think the economy is the issue and the RWT fuels the insane prices and no normal player can afford to have a build worth playing
Hard agree. Stop balancing the 98% of the game around the 2% of builds that outperform the rest.
"
Ayxera wrote:
Hard agree. Stop balancing the 98% of the game around the 2% of builds that outperform the rest.

They don't?

The game is balanced around the SC trade experience where you can do almost anything as almost anything, if they actually balanced the game around the top 2% you have absolutely no idea how bad it would be.

Most of threads like this have a core argument that is pretty reasonable wrapped up with too many falsehoods for it to get through. There are good arguments to be made that BV needs tweaking for example its been through quite a rollercoaster as skills go but I haven't played it for like 6 leagues.

Going off on a tangent about balancing around the top players just makes everybody whose got enough experience roll their eyes at the entire thing. The games content is free if you play the top 2% of builds
They saw this post and took it as a challenge.
Why am I still here

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info