That Which was taken

I wanted to ask if anyone knew if the item That Which was taken unique crimson jewel, would be going core to the game in the next expansion. It enables a fair amount of builds and wondered if POE devs had mentioned this being a core item in future?

If anyone has any knowledge on this let me know, thanks
Last bumped on Apr 17, 2024, 2:10:19 AM
It will go core, they never remove uniques on league merges.
Kitty's Guide On Post Formatting - view-thread/1913874
Existing copies of the jewel will get merged into Standard once the league ends, but new copies will not be available unless Affliction goes core, since it can only drop from the league mechanic.
"
That Which Was Taken has restrictions on where or how it can drop. It cannot be chanced. Drops from the King in the Mists.
Love the Wiki. Praise the Wiki.

I haven't seen anything from GGG yet on whether the Affliction mechanic will go core, but they would normally post something on the topic on the front page in the run-up to the league announcement, so keep an eye out for that.
#ssf_is_better
#make_necropolis_core
#make_melee_better
Last edited by Waitubold on Mar 12, 2024, 9:02:18 PM
What about charms and the new ascendancy? Will thy stay with our characters when they goes in standart league?
The Holy Bible
"
Scryer16 wrote:
What about charms and the new ascendancy? Will thy stay with our characters when they goes in standart league?

Characters that have Affliction ascendancies allocated should keep them, I would think, although you won't be able to change them or add new ones without access to the league mechanic. This is the first league which actually added a whole second ascendancy system to the game, though, so there isn't any direct precedent. I'm assuming that GGG will tell us for sure, in the same post where they tell us whether Affliction is going core or not.

Charms should just be treated like any other items - you'll keep the ones you have, but won't be able to get more if the mechanic that generates them isn't available.
#ssf_is_better
#make_necropolis_core
#make_melee_better
Last edited by Waitubold on Mar 12, 2024, 10:05:57 PM
"
Waitubold wrote:
Existing copies of the jewel will get merged into Standard once the league ends, but new copies will not be available unless Affliction goes core, since it can only drop from the league mechanic.
They added ToTA league specific uniques in core drop without adding the league itself, they likely do the same this time. But I can imagine a situation where GGG would add all Affliction uniques except TWWT.

"
Scryer16 wrote:
I'm pretty sure new ascendancies won't migrate to standard and without them charms have no use.
"
MonaHuna wrote:
"
Waitubold wrote:
They added ToTA league specific uniques in core drop without adding the league itself, they likely do the same this time. But I can imagine a situation where GGG would add all Affliction uniques except TWWT.

"
Scryer16 wrote:
I'm pretty sure new ascendancies won't migrate to standard and without them charms have no use.

Seems like this dude was spot on
Huh??? Do you guys know something I don't because:

That Which Was Taken
Version Changes
Drop-disabled as a result of Affliction not going core.
Last edited by Monstarella on Apr 15, 2024, 6:06:48 AM
"
Monstarella wrote:
Huh??? Do you guys know something I don't because:

That Which Was Taken
Version Changes
Drop-disabled as a result of Affliction not going core.

This thread is from before the patch notes...
"All Affliction exclusive uniques will be added to the core drop pool, except for That Which Was Taken"

From the "What will happen when Affliction league ends" post.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3495841

Not all changes are in the Patch Notes. They always leave stuff out.

😹😹😹😹😹
I do not and will not use TFT.
Gaming Granny :D
🐢🐢🐢🪲🪲🪲
Last edited by xjjanie on Apr 15, 2024, 6:57:03 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info