Akira Toriyama

I wanted to draw like him when I was a teen.

RIP
Forum pvp
Last bumped on Mar 12, 2024, 3:13:05 AM
RIP

I went extra hard at the gym today, played some DB and other anime related music.

I was wearing one of my DBZ tshirts when I heard the news. GF and I are actually mid marathon of DBZ, since I have somehow never seen it in whole and a while back I did invest in a proper collectors set of dvds. I had just read that Xenoverse 2 was getting a ps5 upgrade, which was nuts given how old the game is (8 years) and I hadn't really thought about it for years.

The first opening to Dragon Quest Dai no Daibouken will occasionally pop into my head. Not a Toriyama work per se but still wouldn't exist without him.

My entire teenage era is littered with osmotic pre-Westernised DBZ: import pencil cases, boot leg cds, poorly copied vhs DBZ movies in Cantonese, all the rpgs and fighting games...

None of which is to say this hit me very hard. Simply pointing out how casually Toriyama influenced my life on an almost subconscious level. I only first read the manga about ten years ago and my goodness it was so much better than I expected. Far from my favourite manga but still the absolute best at what it does.

I will admit Nozawa's words on his passing made me a bit misty eyed, because every day we still have her is a gift.

Okay back to playing Crono from Chrono Trigger in XV2.

68 is far too young. :(

PS I STILL want to draw like him.

Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Mar 8, 2024, 7:39:04 PM
That was super sudden, he died really early!

Sucks, i was kinda looking foward for more dragon ball super, it wasnt up to par with the classic sayans/freeza/cell/majinboo sagas, but it was still one of the better mangas out there

DBS now joins berzerk as great ongoing series where the creator dies midway, i just hope hajime no ippo dont join the group
i actually prefer if anime/series actually end.

its quite ironic. i got what i wanted. the latest series ended. DB Daima was announced but Akira passed before a single episode released.

in a way i m thankful. at least the story wasnt left hanging halfway.

RIP Akira.

DB was my manga while i was growing up. loved it so much.

so much humor and so much fantasy.
[Removed by Support]

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info