TS ranger, please help.

Been playing TS for couple of years on standard. I`m a casual player - family, work etc. I`m not good on understanding mechanics in POE, although I think my build is quite good. I do shred T16 rare maps. For the money I do Delirium + Breach + Beyond – it`s alright.

I would appreciate if you could point the weak spots on my build or help with anything that would improve my build. I want to be a superman :D – to have 5000 health and onу shot bosses, not to lose clear speed :D (I know that it ‘not possible. Currently my clear speed is awesome, survival is 3/10)

https://pobb.in/EabdI27sSJs2

In addition, I made a bunch of question:
1. Are all my links all right, maybe need to change gems?
2. Gloves – i think there need to be better ones
3. Boots - i think there need to be better ones
4. I love my helmet +2 proj, I think it’s the heart of my build. Am I right?
5. About the quiver? More or less ok?
6. Is my skill tree all right? What could I choose better?

If you have any suggestions I would greatly appreciate.

Last bumped on Mar 28, 2024, 3:24:00 AM
https://pobb.in/BdNZ-N4wyUNh If you want, you can look at my build. Or can you check out https://poe.ninja/builds/affliction?class=Deadeye&skills=Tornado+Shot here to get a little stronger.
Hi there I'm quite an experienced TS player myself so I can give you some quick tips to make your build way stronger . Please keep in mind that I'm not familiar with standard so I might be missing some stuff here as I know there are a lot better things available there then in leagues :

1. you use a physical bow and rely mainly on cold damage but I think replacing your gloves with convert implicit (eater/exarch implicits... I can't remember which one was it but you can find it on POB) + convert mod on them + attack speed / life and other mods will benefit your DPS even more (also the EV base would help you get more chance to evade attacks).

2. The Taming rings are great on triple elemental builds and not for single elemental ones as you are using so consider swapping them for better rare ones. For example you can have 1 ring with frostbite on hit so you don't have to use 2 gem slots in the bow for that. Stats to look for on rings would be life / elemental damage with attacks / flat dmg cold/phys/ resists as you will be missing some with the removal of the current ones that give all res . Also chaos res would be nice since a lot of mobs do chaos dmg on hit and with - 60 chaos res you will get random 1 shots .

3.do you actually need pierce and phasing on boots ? for TS I don't even think you need phasing as you won't get near the mobs anyway (if you don't do ghosting or something like that). Pierce can be taken on the passive tree almost for free with 3 points you get + 3 pierce and 12 projectile dmg (this is what I use on my build as well as I don't like using chain or fork myself). SO you can replace the boots with a pair of EV boots 30 move speed chaos res/ life and other useful mods and also eater/exarch influence them .

4. I'm a fan of rat's nest as well (I used it almost half of the league in 3.23 as it was quite hard to replace it usage without a big investment). You should move your aura's into the helmet and empty the Bow for a mana forge arrow set up for extra damage and power charges (you can find such a set up on poe ninja on most TS builds)

5. For the amulet I'm not sure you can do much about it since it's already best in slot for every COLD damage build DPS wise .

6. You should also incorporate a guarding skill (steel skin) as it will greatly improve your survivability . As for the change to the left mouse button insta use of it you can use the new support gem that triggers it instead or just cast it manually when you think you need it.

7.for aura set up use hatred grace and herald of ice with enlighten socketed in the helmet . Put a 2 link in gloves / boots with precision + arrogance . This will reserve some of your life pool but considering you should not get hit most of the time it should not be a problem at all. (as long as you have over 2.3/2.4 k hp unreserved you should be fine).

8.I've made a poe planner tree for you to follow that will be much more efficient with points hope this is helpful as well :https://poeplanner.com/AwAAAwAfAAICAGQA4mHVwQ5zCfuSTYoZdRSPGghsBpc_NDaM5r3FtL6mBZWfoKnKfY2K8VTniyT9JOoiR1Tdz7r-1DfPPtOJfDBG3aLEEq0KITP5ARtv3wEy7FJDYxmy_XUrf-O7mwr43vpWP-1HUTPB3v-VJsbZ59va9gJ_tQXW6I_vgRGUMlJwes-_jXV9ftPiPev66uesYkjaQR8Y9dQ5b4RTmPYjJpvrr0Veni1SSTrDqw-nY_Jv13e_FktVeKTI_rmNqX_LpYxsE_fMyOzCrRAAAAgA02UBsUNxEGEc-kMVXs-96QsAbxsUEBytwoVAHSzzJAE2lj95XvANhhZG-P8EcBsZd96Rf5nGb9Gp7utq8t4EAAEBlgNUaHJlYWQgb2YgSG9wZQAA_wAAAP__A3OMAQMAdoEBAQBsgQH2_wAAAAAA______________________8BAD_tAAADAAAAAwD_____________PAAAAAAUAB-LCAAAAAAAAAMDAAAAAAAAAAAA

9.add blood rage for attack speed and frenzy charge generation or use the new frenzy of onslaught as the skill for manaforge arrow for free onslaught / frenzy / power charges on the same 6 link manaforge.

10.Get a corrupted jewel with corruped blood immunity and redo your flasks as follows : Crit flask with either charges on critical strikes or charge recovery with crit mod as well , EV flask same as above but with increased evasion mod (the higher the rolls the better), amethyst flask for chaos resist since this is one of the build's breaking points same as above but with either all res as the second mod or attack speed (you can keep the unique one but you will have to get the attack speed mod on the last flask) , quick silver same as above and move speed , last flask should be elemental res flask so we can overcap during effect to be prepared for every curse effect / pen the monsters might . same as above and the second mod can be whatever you need.

11. for the quiver I don't think it's worth investing in chaos damage on hit so if you can get a similar quiver on a fathered arrow quiver and with +1 arrow your are in a very good spot (- flat chaos since it's just bad).

12.Also at the moment I think you are shooting 1 bilion arrows and that's fun and all but does it help you actually ? i play TS with +2 from deadeye + 2 from tree and that's it and do just fine as HH has a mod for + arrows as well. In my opinion remove GMP with any other dmg support gem and you will have a better time.

13.To be more exact your bow links should be like this manaforge / frenzy of onslaught / power charge on critical strike / lifetap / awakened elemental damage with attacks so you don't kill yourself on ele reflect maps and inspiration for less life cost.

Let me know if all of this is useful and if you have any more questions or need any more help I'll keep an eye on this thread.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info