EHG need GGG help

What's this? A real challenge? You've finally caught my attention!
Dear big papa of all ARPG Criss, would you help boring and small EHG team with Last epoch, because this The world unravels. Did you really think this would work?
Meaningless. All meaningless.
Obliteration!
Why resist?
On the edge of death, my heart races. I am alive!
Last bumped on Mar 2, 2024, 12:14:50 AM
"
qudesnix wrote:
What's this? A real challenge? You've finally caught my attention!
Dear big papa of all ARPG Criss, would you help boring and small EHG team with Last epoch, because this The world unravels. Did you really think this would work?
Obliteration!
Why resist?
On the edge of death, my heart races. I am alive!

They had almost one year to prepare for the launch in regards of player numbers.

Given the track record, online mode may be fine in a month to some extent.
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
... And here we see the result of the cult of personality writ large. People mistaking Chris for some sort of ARPG messiah is well and good until you are forcibly reminded of the most obvious truth inherent to GGG and PoE: the former is a company and the latter its only product, and outside of so-called healthy competition, neither have a vested interest in Last Epoch doing particularly well.

Jud Cobler has had his notice me senpai moments. Pretty clear to me he maximised them. In the world of business, that is already above and beyond. I imagine Chris felt the same way the first time a senior Blizzard developer took him seriously.

Christ purportedly saves everyone but Chris saved only one thing: the ARPG genre. It is not his job to carry others who are blatantly trying to ride the new wave he started, to evolve it as someone must. I am sure he and Jud have talked plenty of shop but ultimately they are rivals and competitors.

Again, Jud might be buckling a bit now under the server pressure but the game has a robust offline mode and a LOT of replayability in terms of class diversity and the essential kill-loot-craft-kill loop. It's a buy to play game that hit concurrency over 100k. The game is already a success in that regard.

There are... Many timelines in which it never made it out of alpha. Or beta. In which PoE somehow reacted to its reactions. Implemented a much better craft and trade infrastructure. Nicked the idea of individual skill trees. All that. But that didn't happen, so LE flourished. It is the first real challenger to PoE's crown in a decade.

Chris don't need to save shit.

Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Feb 25, 2024, 6:31:15 PM
Its like people forget that PoE had a beginning. Do people not remember the horrendous Desync and various other problems that plagued PoE for years?

Epoch had some server issues on launch. I watched my PoE characters desync like they were playing in another dimension for YEARS.

I like both games, I just hate this notion that GGG has did nothing but poop rainbows and sunshine since inception. They luckily came along in a time with no competition and a fanbase with patience because D3 sucked, after a long drought in the genre.

Some of the stuff that PoE got away with during the early years would get them flamed into the dirt now if they released and/or let it drag on as long as they did back then.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info