Interesting observation of affliction economy - LONGPOST

So currently I am ballsdeep into affliction.

To those who're not familiar with me, i tend to bitch about how i am a weaker player who refuses to play meta. this leads me to not being able to juice maps. this leads me to not be able to farm anything significant as the maps i run are normal/magic rarity.

i've also been playing on and off for about 10 years by now. different leagues giving different levels of fun.

before maven i tend to make about what? 30-50 divs per temp league. the notable leagues are crucible and sanctum where i went ballsdeep into the leagues each netting me 200-300 divs.

the difference between all the other leagues and these 2 leagues is in sanctum, well... sanctum rewarded me for playing well. i didnt need to juice. i played properly, cleared the sanctums and got rewarded.

while for crucicble, i farmed like a madman. selling invites, yellow life force. etc. even tho the quantity of life force was low since i couldnt juice, i pushed on. what kept me going was my hope of having an awesome weapon to bring into standard.

ironically all my crafts bricked and my best weapon was simply bought from someone else. but i m satisfied with what i have.

now we get to affliction.

off the bat. the good players who are able to juice EARN LIKE MAD. they're bonkers. dropping divines and stuff like nobodies business.

this funneled them into doing juiced up maps running very specific farming strategies. the players at the top are happy.

how does it change for a weaker player like me? i cant juice. my loot is still the same old shit.

interestingly, due to how the rich players are focusing on their current farming strategies, more players are using similar strategies and things become scarce. divines are still valuable BUT other things become more valuable too!

the easiest indicator is chaos orbs. chaos orbs to divine ratio in temp leagues usually range from 180 to 280 chaos to 1 divine. in affliction it even went down to 120c.

this made it possible for me to TRADE for divines. divines are STILL valuable.

i am able to actually buy upgrades quicker as i actually am able to get divines earlier.

other things become more valuable too.

delirium orbs, 3-5 to 1 divine. yellow life force, 1.2-1.3k to 1 divine. for comparison its usually 2 to 3.5k to 1 divine.

anyone rushing invites? i usually farm invites. in previous leagues it would be around 1 divine per invite and could even devalue to 2 invites for 1 divine. but in affliction its 1 invite to 3 divines!

all this is thanks to how much wealth the good players are earning.

the counter argument is, other things become more expensive too.

i would say thats a double edged sword. on one hand, getting something you NEED becomes horribly expensive. but on the other if you drop something SOMEONE ELSE needs, you can sell it off for a good price.

this makes it where even well rolled jewels can fund your gear as some can be very valuable to other players.

there are MANY avenues of making divines this league via trade. if sentinel/harvest/synthesis were known as crafting leagues, affliction is the league for trade.

well thats just my perspective on it. and bear in mind, of my background and where i m coming from. i am not a juicer and i normally dont even alc and run.

my experience could differ greatly from yours.

also. interestingly, i m now actually strong enough to juice and have been increasing my juicing.

in my 10 years of playing this game. i finally managed to buy my first mage blood. i could be content with just a regular one, but i saved up to buy a much better one.

bought it at 250 divs

i m still ballsdeep into the league and i m pretty happy its not ending too soon.

2 factors that led me here: economy and the new ascendancies. but i really feel that most of my success comes from the economy. having a mageblood fixes any shitty build lol.
[Removed by Support]
Last bumped on Feb 15, 2024, 8:39:12 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info