Survivor on the shore

I was bored so i decided to write a chapter, you can read some rambles by me, enjoy if you will.
Waking up on the shore Xin stood up wondering how did he survive a shipwreck, the day before. He was Looking around him he noticed a dying man next to rotting corpse lying on the beach. The man was on his last breath, telling Xin that he saw lights in the distance to the east. Just before could elaborate, the corpse nearby awoken by the voices rushed towards the dying man tearing his throat with its jaws. Xin scrambled away to the east. As the moon shone through the clouds, the drowned dead men arose from the sandy beaches of Twilight Strand. Xin scuttled along the beach trying to lose the dead men walking in the distance. He was cold, miserable, dehydrated and hungry, he moved along the shore, only the sound crabs clacking and the sound of waves hitting the shore accompanying him. Just as Xin was starting to wonder if he was not going to make it, he noticed waterfall in the distance. Slowly making his way towards it, Xin noticed an old chest washed ashore. Seeing the chest was barely holding it together pried rusted lock away, inside a single blue crystal. As Xin touched the crystal he heard strange whispers telling him to jam the crystal inside his chest. Shaking himself out of the daze, he wrapped the crystal away in his pockets. Whispers slowly fading away, Xin moved towards the waterfall. Having drunken his fill, the man decided to clean himself up from the crust of sea salt. Continuing his way towards east he smelled fire from a gust of eastern wind. That did wonders for his morale, his resolve to continue the trek east strengthened he proceeded through the sand. As the dawn broke he saw walls in the distance. As Xin was drawing closer. A man on top of the walls made out of ropes and driftwood hailed him.
- Halt stranger, who are you?
- Greetings, I am Xin Long, the merchant vessel I have been on has shipwrecked the day before and I was washed ashore. – said Xin
- Welcome to Lioneye’s Watch Xin Long, the name’s Bestel former captain of the good ship Merry Gull.
As Xin entered the town if it called as such, he saw despair and death, noticing his doubts Bestel said
- We are stranded on these beaches, not brave enough to travel inland. Every night Drowned dead men walk these shores. Us survivors scavenge for supplies when the sun is out and when night draws closer, we guard the walls. But I digress, come Xin, you must be hungry, we have plenty of fish.
Xin Long Having eat his fill, found himself quiet spot away from the bustle of the settlement, needing his long-awaited rest. As he slowly drifted asleep, the Whispers lulled him away. As the day passed by and the dusk set it. Xin found himself compelled to ram strange blue gem in his chest. Slowly waking up, he found himself knowing strange ability to channel lightning from his fingertips. After hefty breakfast containing seafood, he found himself looking for opportunities to test his newfound abilities, he has only heard about in legends. Finding Bestel manning the walls again. He asked if there was anything he could to help the town. As luck have it Bestel told him there might be a ship wreckage with medical supplies on an island nearby only possible to reach when the tides are low and as luck have it, if Xin left now he might just reach it in time, assuming he had the guts to brave the coast eastwards through the restless drowned dead and the crazed cannibals that roam the beaches. Eager to test his newfound powers Xin left the town and trudged along the beach. Noticing fire in the distance Xin walked towards it. As Xin drew closer to a fire he spotted he saw a band cannibals roasting a whole human on a fire. Power coursing through his veins he sneaked towards the campfire as he was 20 meters away, he felt he was close enough. He unleashed Chain lightning on the pack of humans, as lightning tendrils penetrated cannibals he felt joy as his powers started getting stronger, quiet whisper growing stronger, the more cannibals he has slain. Strangely enough Xin having murdered his first human was not feeling any remorse, yet he has not considered it, for the joy of growing power clouded his mind.

Last bumped on Feb 7, 2024, 4:00:20 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info