PoE Fails to run after patching to 0.9.10...

After updating to the newest patch PoE won't run. No error messages just opens for about .5 sec checks for updates then vanishes. I look in my task manager and it comes up under processes as if its running under client32.exe... I have reinstalled and tried moving the ggpk file. Just wondering if theres a quick fix for this I cant be the only one. Might add it was working perfectly before the patch.

Running a core i7, a GTX295 gfx card, 6gb ram on vista ultimate 64 bit.
Bahh I really want to play again no one have any ideas?
Try disabling all startup programs (run MSCONFIG) and restart the computer before running Client.exe again. Please note that it runs Client.exe, not client32.exe. It shows up as Client.exe *32 if you are using a 64-bit operating system. If it shows anything different, you are probably not starting PoE.
Don't read my signature!
Last edited by Sumurai8 on Jun 9, 2012, 10:41:39 AM
Nope still the same thing...
have you tried updating your video card drivers? temporarily disabled your antivirus? have u right clicked the shortcut and ran as administrator? maybe try right clicking the shortcut go to properties and then go to copmatability and try xp service pack 2 or 3? (you shouldn't have to run in compatability mode however it may be a quick fix) or any of the other options there.

Hope that helps bro one of those should do the trick.

Also idk if this game does but many store a config file somewhere other than the install folder... is that the GPK or whatever file u were talkina bout? try uninstalling, deleting that, and reinstalling. if the stuff above doesn't correct it.
Last edited by lucid88 on Jun 9, 2012, 8:18:53 PM
Nope none of that fixed it... sadly I might have to go back to D3 till the next patch and hope that whatever the problem is, is fixed by then T_T
Hi there, I get the same error as I can't download completly the beta. My launcher start with allocating space for 10m then downloading for 5m then stuck with that texture thing. I'll never be able to download it since I can't be in front of the pc for 2 weeks non-stop.

Is there a fix??? or Another link where i could download since i paid for, i dunno why it's broken! This game seems to be the most exciting thing that happen this summer lol

sry for my english guys

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/684/clientbug.png/

It actually takes 45m per 50meg and i have to be there to manually restart it............. So longggggg
Last edited by MartyrZz on Jun 22, 2012, 3:30:18 PM
The thing is that i have paid for this!! why cant i get the installer work!!! 10$ investment for nothing!! I'm poor plz dont let me waste my money...............
Check that your firewall isn't causing problems, but if that isn't responsible, I'd say your ISP or your connection to our servers is problematic - All I can suggest is trying to download from another location, somewhere with a different internet provider.
Balance & Design

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info