[3.24] fezz's BAMA Campaign Rusher for Alts (for any class) - Best Run: 2h28m

Note: This guide primarily addresses players who want to complete the campaign as fast as possible on an alt. In order to do so, the build makes use of a lot of items that - depending on the economy of the current trade league - can be expensive. As a consequence - though there are low budget versions possible - the guide assumes you have a decent budget to spend.

Hello Exile,

the goal of this build guide is to enable you to complete the campaign of Path of Exile on your second character of the league in just a few hours. Therefore, it comes with a build that let's you breeze through all enemies by leveraging the in 3.23 introduced transfigured gems Blink Arrow of Prismatic Clones and Mirror Arrow of Bombarding Clones also known as BAMA.

Are you in? Let’s get started!

******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

PoB
You can find the PoB here.
Build Type & Budget
This is neither a starter build nor a budget build. It's a rush build for alts whose goal is to complete the campaign as quickly as possible - and that includes the use of specific items and thus requires a certain amount of currency. How much currency you need to invest ultimately depends on your goal. In principle, the more items you have that are used in the PoB, the faster you will be able to complete the campaign.

The information in the above mentioned PoB basically assumes that you are in possession of the items contained there. However, it should be noted that only Blink Arrow of Bombarding Clones and Mirror Arrow of Prismatic Clones are mandatory - on top of that a 6-link and 20% quality on both gems is recommended. All other items, gems, mods (e.g. anointments) or mod rolls are in principle optional, but they strengthen the build immensely, both in terms of damage and survivability, but also - and this is even more important - in terms of movement speed.
Buying Items on the Trade Website More Efficiently
If you want to simplify and speed up the trading process, you can use (the following import string for) the Chrome extension 'Better PathOfExile Trading' which contains all items used in the above mentioned PoB:

- 'Better PathOfExile trading' Chrome extension
- Import string
Playstyle & Gameplay Video
It's actually quite simple: You use both Blink Arrow of Bombardment Clones and Frostblink on cooldown and while doing so, you try to run as much as possible. For bosses, you also use Mirror Arrow of Prismatic Clones - make sure you always have 3 clones of each skill summoned during boss fights.

You can find a recording of a Duelist run (A10 + Lab + all skill points in 2h57m) with a same-ish setup here.
Common Pitfalls You Want to Avoid
- Not switching the amulet from Sidhebreath to Daresso's Salute at level 16: The reason why this is problematic is that you are supposed to use Added Lighnting Damage Support and Added Fire Damage Support from level 16 onwards. However, the problem is that Sidhebreath prevents your minions from doing any damage other than cold damage. If you forget to change the amulet, you will do much less damage than you should.

- Not switching rings after killing Kitava in Act 5: As you should know, you lose elemental resistances after killing Kitava. To assure you are resistance capped, you want to replace both your Perandus Signet rings with Le Heup of All and Kikazaru. On top of that, please be aware of the following: This build is designed to complete the campaign as fast as possible and thus does not consider anything beyond that. If you want to start mapping after completing the campaign, you need to get some additional resistances to be capped. Easy ways to do that is getting another Le Heup fo All (which can cap both your Fire and Cold Resistance) and getting 25% or more Lightning Resistances somewhere else (e.g. via a new body armour).

- Overleveling: This build is very fast, which is why you can easily overlevel. To prevent this, it is advisable to complete all quests with skill point rewards as well as the lab runs as soon as possible (and not to skip them). In addition, it doesn't hurt to cast a Mirror Arrow of Prismatic Clones (which actually only needs to be used for bosses) on blue packs from time to time. Furthermore, the following regions are good for killing a few more mobs than usual: Docks (Act 3), The Chamber of Innocence (Act 5), Northern Forest (Act 7), Blood Acqueducts (Act 9), The Desecrated Chamber (Act 10)
Playing Another Class Than Ranger
Although the above mentioned PoB is designed for the Ranger, the build can in principle be played by any class. The key is to take the quickest route from the starting point of the skill tree to the nearest Bow Mastery, where you must select 'Blink Arrow and mirror Arrow have 100% increased Cooldown Recovery Rate'. After that, you should find the fastest possible connection to the skill tree shown in the PoB, with the following exceptions:

- Witch: The Witch should first take 'Enduring Bond' before traveling to Bow Mastery.
- Shadow: Other than the other classes, the Shadow should take the Bow Mastery next to 'Hunter's Gambit' and then travel to the normal skill tree via 'Reflexes'.
Proof of Concept (Best Run)
I was able to finish Act 10 Kitava + Lab + and all skill points in 2 hours 28 minutes.

******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Let me know if you were able to improve your campaign time with this build!

Last edited by fezz8386 on Apr 4, 2024, 12:18:11 PM
Last bumped on Apr 22, 2024, 2:33:23 AM
Used most of this guide to level a ranger alt - leveled with the tree I intended to play with, never bothered with CODT setups and still went quite smoothly. I think I may have been lucky with wildwood as I found my speed talent before A3 by brute forcing through the wildwood as quickly as possible. That said my total time was right around the 3:30 mark. My previous best with the OG poet's pen VD build was around 4 hours - so if anyone remembers how busted that was, this leveled as smooth and a bit faster than that. The trade import made buying gear incredibly easy, the inclusion of gem list was VERY helpful to prevent alt tabbing between POB and trade - very much appreciated. Haste watcher's eye for phasing is essential for A5 and A10, as you will get slapped and stun locked if you aren't using mobility to dodge hits.
"
Trolanin wrote:
Used most of this guide to level a ranger alt - leveled with the tree I intended to play with, never bothered with CODT setups and still went quite smoothly. I think I may have been lucky with wildwood as I found my speed talent before A3 by brute forcing through the wildwood as quickly as possible. That said my total time was right around the 3:30 mark. My previous best with the OG poet's pen VD build was around 4 hours - so if anyone remembers how busted that was, this leveled as smooth and a bit faster than that. The trade import made buying gear incredibly easy, the inclusion of gem list was VERY helpful to prevent alt tabbing between POB and trade - very much appreciated. Haste watcher's eye for phasing is essential for A5 and A10, as you will get slapped and stun locked if you aren't using mobility to dodge hits.

Thanks for sharing. So you would recommend including the Watcher's Eye in the 'required' section? (I can see that)
Last edited by fezz8386 on Feb 1, 2024, 7:46:43 AM
I felt that some form of phasing was essential - be it the watcher's eye or any other source. A phase flask with reuse enchant would probably be enough for most situations if you're strapped for currency, we kill reliably enough with travel skill dps to keep flasks up at all times. Throwing on a taste of hate may be advisable as well, should stay res capped until A10 kitava with the added 50% cold res from flask.

I think a lot the optimization options come down to expected number of runs - if you're one off leveling your second and final char of the league you will likely spend more time setting up the build and tweaking starter items than you'd ever save from a faster clear. If, however, you find yourself wanting three builds on the same class this is a great option and I think it could be taken much farther as far as ease and consistency in clearing. mirror arrow felt somewhat worthless to me while leveling - there's probably some better gear combinations/skill combinations that could lead to more mobs dying while moving through zones in order to stay equally or even overleveled to the content you're running through. I was consistently 4 levels under but it never felt like a hindrance to me, because I felt just fine durability wise (save for stunlocks).
"
Trolanin wrote:
I felt that some form of phasing was essential - be it the watcher's eye or any other source. A phase flask with reuse enchant would probably be enough for most situations if you're strapped for currency, we kill reliably enough with travel skill dps to keep flasks up at all times. Throwing on a taste of hate may be advisable as well, should stay res capped until A10 kitava with the added 50% cold res from flask.

I think a lot the optimization options come down to expected number of runs - if you're one off leveling your second and final char of the league you will likely spend more time setting up the build and tweaking starter items than you'd ever save from a faster clear. If, however, you find yourself wanting three builds on the same class this is a great option and I think it could be taken much farther as far as ease and consistency in clearing. mirror arrow felt somewhat worthless to me while leveling - there's probably some better gear combinations/skill combinations that could lead to more mobs dying while moving through zones in order to stay equally or even overleveled to the content you're running through. I was consistently 4 levels under but it never felt like a hindrance to me, because I felt just fine durability wise (save for stunlocks).

Yep, I totally get your point. I've updated the import string so that the Watcher's Eye is marked as recommended rather than optional.
Last edited by fezz8386 on Feb 2, 2024, 2:30:57 AM
POB when finished: https://pobb.in/jxVsPF7Zuzq8.

I have 30 unallocated skill points. If I had already decided on what Ranger build I was going to play, I'd have probably just started allocating towards that, focusing on the defensive related passives for that end goal build.

I died 20 times and my time played says 10 hours, but I had to go clean out the gutters on the roof and left myself logged in for probably 6 hours at least. I would guess my actual campaign time was around 4 hours, but again, I wasn't really rushing and did some vaal side areas.

I did something like 3-4 wildwoods to find the right NPC to get the movement speed boost, so for me I think it was definitely worth it.

Hey, I just wanted to first say thanks for providing a very thorough step-by-step guide for twink levelling that isn't hollow palm, I love trying new builds and this encouraged me to actually go through with levelling another character.

I just wanted to give some thoughts I had from my experience following the guide. Not all of this is relevant, and if the goal is to see how quick of a time you can really get as opposed to just be able to level a second build quickly, I think what you have already is probably close to ideal. But for just the "casual" case, I think there are some things that could make this guide a lot easier/simple.

First, the damage is more than enough. I never noticed myself struggling to kill bosses. I died to Kitava a couple times, but honestly was one of the quickest fights i've had. I decided I was wasting too many chromatics trying to color my sockets, so i just settled on a 3g-3b foxshade and didn't feel like figuring out what green was best to add so I just threw the enhance in there which did nothing but decrease the cooldown of blink/mirror arrow, so it was essentially useless. Thinking about it now I should have just thrown the Culling Strike in there.

My final link for blink/mirror arrow should have been:

Mirror Arrow of Prismatic Clones -- Blink Arrow of Bombarding Clones -- Culling Strike Support -- Minion Damage -- Added Lightning Damage -- Added Chaos Damage

the 3 blue sockets craft is 120 chromatics, and all that is needed is at least 2 green. I think 2g-2r-2b could work as well, swapping added chaos for elemental damage with attacks, but it does seem to be a small DPS decrease if the gems are the same level. But since elemental damage with attacks can be used at level 18 and added chaos is level 31, the DPS seems pretty similar.

For maximum laziness, i think Elemental Damage with Attacks should just be used. So either 3g-2b-1r or 2g-3b-1r for the links. The swap would probably be Culling Strike Support and Added Chaos Damage.

I also don't think it is worthwhile to have separate 6-links for mirror/blink arrow between levels 10 and 38. I didn't actually test this, but with the separate 6-links, I was way overpowered so I can't imagine needing it.

So, with only one six-link being necessary, I'd get a tabula for levels 1-25 and then a foxshade for after that, since a 6-link Foxshade (30c) is significantly cheaper than a 6-link Doomfletch. 6-socket/5-link Doomfletch is around 30c vs around 1d for a 6-link.

I would color the Foxshade to 3g-2b-1r and do: mirrow arrow, blink arrow, added lightning, minion damage, elemental damage with attacks

For the bow, I would socket Increased Duration -- Steelskin -- Elemental Weakness, Frostblink, Clarity, Haste which is 3b, 2r, 1g. That would be more difficult to color. I think instead I would pick between +50% elemental resistances and +25% life and use either the helm or gloves. For non-affliction leagues where the wildwood ascendancies don't exist, this would be a no-brainer and the helm/gloves/boots would all be open.

So, between the bow, helm, and gloves you need:
Increased Duration -- Steelskin -- Elemental Weakness (2r,1b)
Frostblink (b)
Clarity (b)
Vaal Haste (b)

Put Steelskin on left click. Only cast elemental weakness on bosses (optional, also doesn't seem super necessary)

As a softcore player, i also like to use Cast on Death -- Portal and that 1g-any_color link can easily be added.

That would be 8 sockets needed between bow/helm/gloves/boots. You could add in Phase Run -- Cast When Damage Taken (probably keep at lvl 1), but CWDT isn't usable until 38 and the phasing Watcher's Eye makes phase run obsolete.

I think this is what i'd recommend: https://pobb.in/HTznXD0yF6DD

This means a 6-link or even 6-socket quill rain isn't necessary either.

Here is your original POB with my suggestions to more easily compare: https://pobb.in/ipqGEDVWIhui

Last edited by stormblessed3 on Feb 7, 2024, 1:47:43 PM
"
stormblessed3 wrote:

Hey, I just wanted to first say thanks for providing a very thorough step-by-step guide for twink levelling that isn't hollow palm, I love trying new builds and this encouraged me to actually go through with levelling another character.
Thanks, appreciate it.

In terms of your other feedback: Yes, there are ways to make both the investment spent and the time spent buying items less, but the whole purpose for the build was to go as fast as possible - and ~6 Divine Orbs really isn't that much.

I could even think of some more improvements (e.g. taking out the CWDT setups since they cost more time setting up than actual benefiting the build), but these small adjustments don't matter in the grand scheme of things - unless you are actually racing.

Again, thanks for the feedback and suggestions. In case I will optimize the build even more, I will definitely take it into account.
Last edited by fezz8386 on Feb 8, 2024, 2:55:05 AM
hey,i'm a noob this is just my 3rd season. I just wanted to lvl my ranger fast, found your guide and decided to go for it. super smooth. Didn't track time but it felt realy good! thanks for sharing this
"
aeliaz wrote:
hey,i'm a noob this is just my 3rd season. I just wanted to lvl my ranger fast, found your guide and decided to go for it. super smooth. Didn't track time but it felt realy good! thanks for sharing this

Awesome, thanks for the feedback ;)
Last edited by fezz8386 on Feb 20, 2024, 1:02:04 PM
How do you level this build from act 1 - act 5?
I will run with templar

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info