Flask bonus effect lasting longer than intended.

First off, this happened a few day(s?) ago, but I did not have the time to come and make a post about this.

While I was exploring on my bow duelist in Normal Act 2 (I forget the area) I had a permanent effect of one of my flasks.

The flask I was using had a bonus of +28% Movement Speed while it was in effect. I often use this to escape when I needed to or better position myself, so it is very easy to realize when it is working and when it is not.

Somehow, during the use of the flask, the +Movement speed effect did not dissipate. Although the flask was not working, I had a constant +28% Movement speed and could just zoom around the map.

I noticed that using the flask again did not give me additional movement speed, but I still remained constantly sped up.

The solution I found to this is returning to town via Town Portal Scroll and then returning to the area.

This was my only experience with the bug, but I am curious if it appears on other flask bonuses as well (yet people don't realize it because it is not seen as easily as +Movement speed).
IGN: EmptyPalms
Last edited by EmptyPalms on Jun 8, 2012, 1:16:46 PM
I have seen a few reports like that in the past, but I believe they were not able to reproduce the problem. Do you remember using any skill or flask during the time the boost should have turned off?
Don't read my signature!
Also if you can remember what other flasks you were using at the time, that may make a big difference!
Balance & Design
Sorry, have been busy with the GW2 BWE. Uhm, it was a flask I am using on my DW Ranger "iLust".

I am not sure if I have changed flasks since then, but I'll list the ones I am currently using.

Surgeon's Greater Life Flask of Heat
Avenger's Large Life Flask of Adrenaline <-- problem flask
Saturated Greater Life Flask of Regeneration

Saturated Greater Mana Flask of Reflexes
Bubbling Greater Mana Flask of Resistance.

Also, I have not been able to reproduce the bug, but I do remember when it happened I was consuming extra charges of the flask in question before it was finished.

Imagine me almost dying and spamming 2. That's the only thing I remember being out of place. Also, it did leave once I left the area, so I'm not sure how often this would have occurred (if at all) normally.

I'm sorry that I cannot provide additional information, but I thought that I would bring this to light in case I am not the only one who has seen this occur.
Last edited by EmptyPalms on Jun 11, 2012, 7:30:01 PM
Actually, I have the same bug happening to me right now.

I'm in the Dark Forest (Cruel) and I have the movement speed boost permanently on me.

Not sure what other information I can provide about this though.
I have uploaded a short video (40 sec) with the bug.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cT9NyJoIvY&feature=youtu.be

As you can see when I am using the flask there is no increase or decrease in movement speed.
Last edited by EmptyPalms on Jun 21, 2012, 4:30:35 PM
Have this bug again. This time it is with my Mana Flask.

I'm Still in the Dark Forest, and I'd like to see someone respond to the topic.
Are you noticing any specific things which are present when this occurs? People in this thread seemed to think it's related to puncture, but that might be coincidence.
So far I've been unable to replicate this since the fix I did in late may (before that fix if you used an instant-recovery flask or effect to reach full life while the flask was in effect, the secondary effect would continue).
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Are you noticing any specific things which are present when this occurs? People in this thread seemed to think it's related to puncture, but that might be coincidence.
So far I've been unable to replicate this since the fix I did in late may (before that fix if you used an instant-recovery flask or effect to reach full life while the flask was in effect, the secondary effect would continue).

Thank you for replying and directing me to a more appropriate thread. I'll go see if I can replicate it and look if it was a byproduct of puncture.
Fixed. see the thread linked above for details

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info