Addressing Scamming and Streamlining Trading on Console Platforms

Dear Path of Exile Technical Support Team,

I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to bring to your attention a critical issue in the Path of Exile community on console platforms: the prevalence of scamming in trades and the overall inefficiency of the trading system.

Recently, there has been a worrying increase in scamming, particularly through misleading trades where scammers offer 10 of one item and 35 of another, making it look like 100 + 35 of a valuable item. This deceptive tactic is causing significant losses for players and is severely damaging the integrity of the game's trading system.

Moreover, the current trading process is cumbersome and time-consuming, often requiring players to be online simultaneously and engage in lengthy negotiations. This system not only hampers the gaming experience but also leaves room for price fixing and scamming.

To address both the scamming issue and the inefficiencies in the trading system, I propose an automated trading solution where players can set a fixed price for their items. Once another player offers the set price, the transaction is automatically completed, and the item is transferred. This system would:

Eliminate the opportunity for scamming, as the terms of the trade are clear and automated.
Eliminate price manipulation as no one could list items at a price for which they did not wish to sell.
Streamline the trading process, making it more efficient and user-friendly.
Allow players to sell items even when they are offline or have finished a league.
Such a feature would not only enhance the overall player experience but also reinforce trust in the game's economy.

The impact of scamming and inefficient trading on the player base is significant, leading to frustration and dwindling player engagement. As a dedicated member of the Path of Exile community, I am deeply concerned about the long-term implications of these issues on the game's health and reputation.

I urge you to consider these suggestions and take decisive action to improve the trading system in Path of Exile. The community would greatly appreciate a more secure and streamlined trading experience.

Thank you for your attention to this critical matter. I look forward to your response and the positive steps you will take to enhance the gaming environment for all Path of Exile players.

Best regards,

ChannelFire

P.S. And start banning the scammers. Tell the community that you will start banning scammers and ask the community to report them. Also allow for reporting trades after they are completed, because that's when you realize you have been scammed.
Last edited by ChannelFire on Jan 17, 2024, 2:09:16 AM
Last bumped on Jan 17, 2024, 1:58:47 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info