The big Elephant in the Room - delisting Poe from Console because it doesnt meet quality standards!

Dear Poe developers and console community,

i think it is time to address the big elephant in the room:
Does Path of Exile on consoles meet appropriate quality standards to deserve to be listed as a functional product for consoles in the store!

Because i think that in its current state, it does not meet quality standards for old gen consoles and even for new gen console, it barely does.

This does not come down to one single reason, but is a result of multiple problems:

-Unbearable performance on last Gen consoles, barely passable performance on Next Gen consoles if u skip certain mechanics, skills and MTX. (There should be enough evidence in the console forums to proof this, so im not going to list all performance problems again here)

-Missing game feature like being able to bind instant skills to movement like on PC

-Somewhat broken economy and price fixing due to multiple factors like smaller markets in combination with the inherent problems of the Market Board

-Lazy and dysfunctional implementation of UI elements (for example, this league, the wildwood ascendency's extra inventory blocks part of your stash and if you hide the extra inventory, it requires you to press a button that then will always trigger a certain stash menu to pop up)

-MTX that are purchasable that actually crash your game or make it completely unplayable (hello Caustic Arrow and Scourge Arrow)

These are just a couple of problems that severely impact the quality of players enjoyment when playing Poe on consoles. There are many more and i encourage everyone who wants to participate in this thread to share their problems here too.

Now this thread is not meant to say that Poe has to be delisted from the console shop, but more as a serious discussion if and when such a drastic measure might be appropriate.
Because as much as its painful to say, GGG does not seem to acknowledge this problems or show any interest in an open dialogue about how or when this problems are going to be addressed.
All the while, new problems pile up league after league and the situation gets worse and worse.
So this discussion might at least be an angle to put pressure on GGG and make them realise that the product they are currently delivering is not up to standard and is barely, if at all, suited to be marketed.

Sorry for this wall of text. I love Poe and i really hope we can have an honest discussion here and maybe even some involvement from GGG and hopefully it can be a step towards improving Poe on consoles!
Last edited by way2stupid on Jan 8, 2024, 7:08:37 AM
Last bumped on Jan 10, 2024, 2:06:56 PM
Many views and no comments ...

First :)

The big problem with this league on console its : Some time (8/10) " I don't see the wisps in the wood and i can't enjoy the league mechanics"
WTF GGG
Unfortunately, I've given up on this league and maybe POE on consoles. It is impossible to play any mechanics. Blight, Delirium, Harbinguer, among others. Just enter the map, and a freeze and insta death occurs. POE has always had problems, but I don't believe that GGG will continue launching leagues for old gen consoles. At this moment, the game is unplayable, and the developers' silence is a serious offense to the console community.
I've unfortunately managed to have the best luck I've ever had in any league in 3.23 dropping a doctor on day 4 of the league I've been pretty much set since. However the performance issues have been the worst in my time playing. Literally minutes of loading screens and pretty regular crashes, completely invisible gameplay mechanics killing me, Sirius is essentially impossible on PS4 because the area itself kills you with 100% invisible mechanics.

Out of curiosity recently I started playing on PC again and I was completely amazed. You know when there are "Stairs" in an area and most of the time you click the transition and appear in the next without a loading screen? That's literally how transitions to new areas/town/hideout/etc. work on PC. I kept catching myself clicking a zone transition and picking up my phone expecting to have to wait and glancing back up to see I'm already loaded to the next area.

There are pretty significant downsides to playing on PC for me though, just general discomfort with the controls compared to console, the lack of multi-flask tech got me killed numerous times, and the thought of manually trading literally everything instead of having the trade market is probably the biggest factor for me.

I hope they do something to optimize it, I would gladly take lower quality visuals for them to be visible at all, and would also be great if I could level a character in 3-5 hours instead of 7-10 accounting for crashes and loading times.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info