Dead but not dead, cannot revive | ref.no.: 1.825.045.148

Playing from Germany either connects me to a good server (7-10ms delay) or a bad one with latency > 100ms and frequent lag spikes of many seconds (where the latency UI gauge caps off for a while). I get a new connection for every instance (map, labyrinth, hideout, etc). Time of day seems to play a role, where latency is always terrible in the evening, but usually good in the morning.

Today the game could not properly decide if I'm dead or not during a long lag spike and I ended up half dead, unable to do anything:
- life 0/1 (playing CI) makes me think I'm dead
- shield 3452/5150
- I'm getting endurance chages every 15s (from enchant)
- the UI to revive is missing
- cannot move or cast, cannot use flasks

I think the client decided that I should be dead while the monsters and labyrinth traps didn't move during lag, but when the server responded that I'm actually not dead the Game could not recover from this miserable state.

The core problem is the random-instance-connection-quality: this is a game breaker.
The apparent UI bug is the missing revive-UI / recovery when server responds "not dead".

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1t2NfFyIva1vzmN4qpI6zIancXNsbFO0V/view?usp=sharing
Last edited by nZain on Jan 6, 2024, 11:57:47 AM
Last bumped on Jan 6, 2024, 6:58:08 AM
I think that I did not lose experience, however, I cannot prove. I was running uber labs for a while to get gem quality and my xp slowly went up towards lvl 94.
All auras are stil active, which is another indicator for not being dead :P
Now I have very low latency in sepulchre halls and terrible latency in basilica annex. Going forth and back immediately changes my latency, reproducible -> does not seem to change my instance connection. Hope I don't lag-die now :(

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info