Oak-like build Help

so i want to build a staff marauder similar to how oak the npc is and this is what i came up with

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBFm8aOBpsJIspBylPM0A0MTrYPC09D0WOSi5QUFRJVJFVxlhjWK5bWV6fXz9jC2agfLuMz49GkFWTB5uhna6ftKcIp4SnpbUEt3K5Q7ndvTnAGsQVxPbFisbYyWfPZdDQ0TXUj9mi5CLnUuwZ7DjtRO8O9kj31_uL

probably will respec the +30 int for presision later

i fell like i'm missing elemental resist

any help would be nice(including gems etc...)
Last edited by mageslay3r on Apr 20, 2013, 11:55:35 PM
For resists I'd go with diamond skin (1 talent, 15% resist all) and another point in +1 maximum endurance charges (if u use them ofc).
i am planning to use the endurance charges but i want to make this character work and make it through the game should i use a variation on the abilitys oak uses?

Well, Oak uses Enduring Cry, Immortal Call, and Sweep, so far as I can tell. You probably want to put in Heavy Strike, and maybe substitute Cyclone for Sweep.
Oak inspired my Cleave build
EC+EC+EC+fastercasting
ImmortalCall+increaduration+Bloodmagic+fastercasting

Why do I go with 3 EC because when I fight a 1vs1 I can get 3 charges up instantly.

My immortcall right now is max 8 sec I think with some ajustements I can increase it to 10 sec imagine I can do Vaal and be invicible vs the physical damage all figth long if I play well and don’t mess up my timing
You NeVeR StooD a CHanCe
ign:NoObDaMeRRRrE
what i figue by you all is
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBFm8aOBpsJIspBylPLdIzQDQxOtg8LT0PRY5KLlBQVElUkVXGWGNYrltZXp9fP2MLZqB8u4zPj0aQVZMHm6Gdrp8-n7SnCKeEp6W1BLdyuUO53b05wBrEFcT2xYrG2Mlnz2XQ0NE11I_ZouQi51LsGew47UTvDvIv9kj31_uL

gems
immortal call
molten shell
warlords call/enduring cry
leapslam
cyclone
life on hit
heavy strike/infernal blow? (for single target)

what are your suggestions for support gems
added fire damage etc...?
The way i see it is that u make ur aoe spell becomes ur 1vs1 spell by replacing for example lightning damage change to concetrate effect when facing a boss on ur main skill for example mine being cleave

Then u have leap slam for mobility not damage (engage&disengage) which u should not level due to mana cost increase

Then u need a curse and a totem if u are solo I usually play with a friend or more and don’t use curse or totem he or they takes care of that but enfeeble is amazing

Make ur build simple don’t try to add too many thing as per you wont use them (spells) and ur build for example if u go endurance u don’t need moltenshell too much wasted time casting spells and not attacking

I go something like cleave+we+manaleash+life leash+fasterattck+added lightning or conce effect once I will get 6 link

And then I carry 2 aura on health and 2 aura on mana and can substain easily with manaleash on cleave
You NeVeR StooD a CHanCe
ign:NoObDaMeRRRrE
idk at character lvl 29 heavy strike is hitting 429 ish
Last edited by mageslay3r on Apr 21, 2013, 9:49:14 PM
I tryed cyclone and hated it. I have gone back to sweep .
Is there another aoe spell i should try?
As for heavy srtike i use it for bosses as it knocks them back allowing me to dodge thier attacks easier.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info