Summon Ice Golem of Shattering and Minion Instability

Hello,

I wanted to see if Summon Ice Golem of Shattering (SIGS) and Minion Instability (MI) could potentially be a viable build because it seems like they go hand in hand. Ice golem exploding into projectiles when low life and having them pop seemed to make sense to me.

However, I noticed that when leveling, I had MI and when I was using the SIGS, my golems were not producing any projectiles on pop. I decided to take off MI to test and noticed that when they hit slightly under 50%, they would explode and produce the projectiles as mentioned in the skill.

Even though both MI and SIGS mention low life, it seems that the SIGS low life threshold is slightly lower and MI is preventing the particle explode from the gem from occurring when paired with MI. Not sure if intended or something that was missed.

Another note is regarding linkable support gems with SIGS. It seems that some support gems do not effect the on death effect of the golems. LMP and GMP only effect the attacks of the SIGS but there are no additional projectiles added to the on death effect. I also tried return projectiles (which would be super fun if it worked) and spell echo (which only doubles the summon and spells cast by the golem but not the on death effect). I am not sure if this is intended.

Lastly, I was wondering if there is any potential scaling involved with the on death effect besides minion damage or spell damage. The tags on the gem are "Cold, Minion, Spell, Golem" but nothing indicates anything regarding projectiles or even melee (even though on the skill gem it indicates a melee attack, icy barrage spell, and chilling spinning attack).

Thank you
Last edited by lllusions on Dec 19, 2023, 10:48:29 AM
Last bumped on Mar 27, 2024, 9:35:13 AM
To add on to this : I tested Fork, Chain, and Pierce, along with GMP and Greater Volley, and while they will affect the ice golem's Ice Spear spell, it won't affect the on death shattering effect.
Any update on this ?
I don't think it's meant to work with minion instability. It should however interact with projectile supports, but currently it does not. Please fix this GGG!
Also, the gem doesn't seem to work properly at all with the default ice golem skin... When I change to MTX skin the golem does cast it's spell on death when recast at the golem limit, allowing the spell to be used as intended (I think?), but with the default skin the golem just dies and no explosion occurs when recasting while at the golem limit.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info