Targeting issues with Detonate Dead and Desecrate

2nd league start with DD PS5. Did not have these issues last league, or if I did it was hardly noticeable.

DD sometimes will not target any corpse even if you're standing right in front of it, repositioning character will often allow you to cast DD. Distance is not the problem.

From my memory last league, Desecrate would auto target near by enemies/packs. For some reason when casting Descrate it will 'occasionally' cast it WAYYY out in the middle of nowhere even though I'm facing a pack of monsters/have a pack right on top of me.

Seems as though something major with targeting on controller has become broked from ToTA to Affliction, as I've experienced issues targeting loot on the ground as well (unrelated to these skills but still in the realm of the controller auto-target system) Again, I do not recall these issues being so pronounced last league.
Last bumped on Dec 19, 2023, 11:20:40 AM
Thanks for your report.

Do you have 'Use Alt Behaviour' toggled on by chance? This will drastically change the behaviour of these skills, including ignoring enemies.
Nope! 'Alt Behavior' is not set for either Detonate Dead or Desecrate.

I know DD doesn't work at all with alt, and I believe alt for Descrate spawns the pile at your feet.

Thank you Adam! :) Happy Holidays! :)
I'm having this same exact issue and I thought maybe it's just clunky on console. Never thought it was possibly a bug

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info