Highly unstable ping with massive package loss on majority of EU server instances

Dear support,

since the launch of 3.23 I have had massive issues with very unstable ping, sometimes spiking into the thousands with a massive amount of package loss, rubberbanding and sometimes full disconnections from the server.

This issue persists throughout different EU gateways (London, Milan, Frankfurt, Amsterdam) yet doesn't affect every singular instance created, but still a majority of them. I have tried all "basic" troubleshooting so far, including usage of VPN, restarting and reconfiguring my router, checking firewall settings to no avail.

As one of the examples, the following pastebin shows a WinMTR output routing to an instance while merely being in my hideout:

https://pastebin.com/cbmie3EU

Ingame a few examples include these (screenshots):

https://imgur.com/a/OzXcUb6

If there is any other information that I can provide that can help ascertain the issues, I am more than happy to help.

I thank you for your time and effort and wish you a wonderful day.
Last bumped on Dec 20, 2023, 6:43:11 PM
Would be nice, if GGG could response to this, if they aware that there is a problem with EU servers, frankfurt, milan, paris, amsterdam ect. If they can do something, or are about to fixing it, or if they can not do things and it is another problem.

this is the same problem the thread:

Insane Latency Spikes and Game Crashes since 3.23

are about
Last edited by k1LlZon3 on Dec 16, 2023, 12:50:09 PM
"
Dear support,

since the launch of 3.23 I have had massive issues with very unstable ping, sometimes spiking into the thousands with a massive amount of package loss, rubberbanding and sometimes full disconnections from the server.

This issue persists throughout different EU gateways (London, Milan, Frankfurt, Amsterdam) yet doesn't affect every singular instance created, but still a majority of them. I have tried all "basic" troubleshooting so far, including usage of VPN, restarting and reconfiguring my router, checking firewall settings to no avail.

As one of the examples, the following pastebin shows a WinMTR output routing to an instance while merely being in my hideout:

https://pastebin.com/cbmie3EU

Ingame a few examples include these (screenshots):

https://imgur.com/a/OzXcUb6

If there is any other information that I can provide that can help ascertain the issues, I am more than happy to help.

I thank you for your time and effort and wish you a wonderful day.

We need a fix on this asap!!
I have also problem, EU servers. From yesterday afternoon servers start to disconnect after some time, there was also queue of 1600 when i reconnect back, so big drops. It looked like fixed after few hours, but still wasnt playable, because of latency issues.

Today morning I tried again, and still not fixed, so i came back now and problem still there! In hideout i am 40ms, when enter map i have 40ms, but when i start moving, kill mobs, open legion, expedition, huge spikes starts, latency goes to around 100ms. That should still be fine, but it feels like 1000ms, not 100ms. There must be huge packet lost when character do nothing and then it speed up. This is not classic latency problem when latency is just 100ms.

We are 1 week after league start and from friday, when people have time, we cant play on EU servers. Its saturday night and problem still not fixed. Its not playable on HC. Weekend is nearly gone and next weekend are christmas, so very smooth league start.

Btw. MILAN server is down, not even connectible, so GGG must know there are some problems but it seems like they dont care.
today i did maven, there is no server change in the whole fight right?

I could do phase 1-3 complete normally.

in the last phase where she do the lasers labyrinth, the server starts lagging huge and i couldnt finish it.

i got a disconnect and 20 seconds laggs or stuttering.
I do not know if this is appropriate to post but I tried finding out where and how to collect the correct data for a while and finally have something that I can point to.

I will keep this updated once I find more issues and reports to submit. Currently I have mixed reports - sometimes it works or it just stops working altogether. I found the instance IP via Client.txt

My issue template according to GGG request on forum

Spoiler

I have only one char but did not find anything different with the same one trying random skills.
Milan not working at all. I have unstable ping and am basically gambling on instances if they work or do not at all. Latency ramps up and is totally unstable.
The amount of time it works or not is totally arbitrary from my point of view. Currently I have issues. Change a couple instances and somehow it works again for a few hours or like 45 minutes.

Computer specs: Ryzen 5 3600, GTX 1060 6GB, 32GB (2x16) [G.Skill F4 3600C1616GVKC] DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800 DDR4 SDRAM UDIMM
Game Settings: Vulkan, triple buffering disabled, Multithreading enabled, did no experiments on changing these because i did not see the connection
Add picture - later once i have access to filehost

185.225.208.96 - Frankfurt Realm
Spoiler

|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| WinMTR statistics |
| Host - % | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |
|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|
| 192.168.2.1 - 0 | 800 | 800 | 0 | 0 | 8 | 0 |
| p3e9bf485.dip0.t-ipconnect.de - 0 | 800 | 800 | 6 | 8 | 63 | 6 |
| f-ed14-i.F.DE.NET.DTAG.DE - 0 | 800 | 800 | 11 | 19 | 350 | 12 |
| 80.157.201.198 - 1 | 796 | 795 | 11 | 14 | 75 | 14 |
| be3186.ccr41.fra03.atlas.cogentco.com - 1 | 796 | 795 | 14 | 19 | 105 | 21 |
| be2845.rcr22.fra06.atlas.cogentco.com - 0 | 800 | 800 | 11 | 14 | 69 | 12 |
|be4167.nr21.b015759-0.fra06.atlas.cogentco.com - 0 | 800 | 800 | 11 | 13 | 25 | 12 |
| 185.225.211.255 - 20 | 456 | 369 | 15 | 17 | 68 | 18 |
| 185.225.211.253 - 20 | 445 | 356 | 12 | 14 | 25 | 13 |
| 185.225.208.96 - 22 | 429 | 336 | 15 | 16 | 28 | 16 |
|________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______|
WinMTR v0.92 GPL V2 by Appnor MSP - Fully Managed Hosting & Cloud Provider

Last edited by tuerkishbroker on Dec 16, 2023, 2:58:56 PM
This is now the WinMTR from a bad server in Delve on Frankfurt

https://pastebin.com/J52nfaQz
Last edited by k1LlZon3 on Dec 16, 2023, 4:46:59 PM
Every single day servers die. Tired of losing instances to that.
not only eu but sg server too
Bump for visibility.
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info