newbie item filter question

I'd like to hide all equippables (minus flasks) below "rare" rarity, because why ever pick those up except like below lvl20?

is there a way other than listing all classes ("dagger" etc)?

also I will try to extend the default filter if possible: Import "Default.filter" ?
Last edited by __blubb on Dec 16, 2023, 4:58:52 AM
Last bumped on Dec 31, 2023, 10:35:24 PM
You could look at how Neversink's filters on filterblade.xyz do it
Ok I did that, however I'm still confused by the sheer mass of drops, even using semi strict or strict.

I think I now understood that even non-rare items can be good depending on sockets as they can be upgraded using orbs. I doubt that this is reasonable for leveling gear though.

So I wonder why such a sophisticated item filter would still show me trash items, not suitable for my class, poor sockets, poor rarity.

What I would like to do is make the filter hide all items that have poor sockets, that is less than 3 blue on a robe or less than 2 blue on another item. Still, 6 full socket items of other colors should not be hidden. I looked at filterblade but without some tutorial video I couldn't figure it out.

Does this make sense or do I still have a misunderstanding about item qualities?
"
__blubb wrote:
I think I now understood that even non-rare items can be good depending on sockets as they can be upgraded using orbs. I doubt that this is reasonable for leveling gear though.
What I would like to do is make the filter hide all items that have poor sockets, that is less than 3 blue on a robe or less than 2 blue on another item. Still, 6 full socket items of other colors should not be hidden. I looked at filterblade but without some tutorial video I couldn't figure it out.

Does this make sense or do I still have a misunderstanding about item qualities?

White and blue items can still be great for campaign leveling. Never underestimate the power of an essence or an alch.

Sockets are also fairly easy to adjust on your crafting bench - both the number and color. But if you do want to play with those filters, check the Campaign section and look at Colors and Links.

FWIW, there are many embedded tutorials in the app, as well as tons of 3rd party vids on how to use it. Yes, it is complex. All that power requires some complexity. "Semi-strict" and "Strict" may not seem to cut out a lot of junk, but POE drops nearly infinite junk, so they are already filtering a lot. If you want more filter, you can use one of the higher levels. (Try Very Strict as a next step.)

I would not recommend trying to customize too much until you have more experience with the game. Although learning how it works and customizing a little to get a feel is never a bad thing.

EDIT: Here are a couple of short intro vids off his channel that should help:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMZrWdzrA_U&t=199s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEKhoJ-hULk&t=160s
Last edited by GreyLensman on Dec 31, 2023, 3:42:06 PM
Go to each of the sections below and gray out every category. Many of them will have multiple sub sections to look at. I probably missed some too... SE

GENERAL
- Vendor Recipes
- Chancing Bases
- Unique Items

ENDGAME - GENERAL (LVL 68+)
- Crafting
- Additional Rules
- League-specific items and mods

ENDGAME - RARE ITEMS (LVL 68+)
- Jewellery
- Weapons and Armours
- Influenced Rares