How to get POE 2 beta access?

How exactly can I get an invite to the beta testing? Is it based on hours played? Or supporter packs?
Last bumped on Mar 10, 2024, 10:20:55 PM
I will go out on a limb and say purchase of a certain tier of supporter pack will give you access. Reasoning: that's how it worked last time they did a "closed" beta.
"
ladish wrote:
I will go out on a limb and say purchase of a certain tier of supporter pack will give you access. Reasoning: that's how it worked last time they did a "closed" beta.

Purchasing a pack was one way, but it certainly wasn't the only way. That said, at that point they also had not already established brand recognition and a player base as they have previously done this time. Getting testers/players should be much easier this time, as well as ensuring you have testers/players that will actually communicate clearly and as needed.
...narf
Typically it’s been by:
1. Pack purchases
2. Lifetime spending
3. Random invite11211.
"
ladish wrote:

Nope. Not in 2024 core supporter pack

I suspect there may be another supporter pack yet to release anyway
This is the start of forum signature: I am not a GGG employee. About the username: Did you know Kowloon Gundam is made in Neo Hong Kong?

quote from the first page: "Please post one thread per issue, and check the forum for similar posts first"

This is the end of forum signature
Thanks for the info guys.
I was in POE original beta and they had a buy in option. Of course this was a long time ago and I think it was only a tiny bit of money compared to today's $. I would still buy in if that was an option I am super hyped for poe 2!
i think its fair, if ggg offers a number of beta packages
that the buyers get a beta access and points towards stash
tabs etc.

but I want ggg to play a switcharoo. beta subsribers bought the game
and the points. they get to spend them however,. they get double value.

I want anyone who doesnt invest in poe2 to have to buy in after release.
you are well established ggg. we all know what you are capable of.
I will be a buyer of poe2. I would be among the early purchasers.
I want into the beta too.

im just saying. if you add a floor price that is accessable to most people
lets say 5-20$ usd which gets you in. its not a lot to ask.
but in return, no one has to buy a lot of stash tabs for random crap that you
devise for profit (again i like you guys, this is a critique of inconvenience
that disrupts gameplay.) I propose reduce that mechanism by requireing
everyone to buy in by default. even 5$ would allow you to scale down the need
to sell tabs. this is business. you started small. you are tall as hell now.

act tall.
Well if it's by lifetime support I should be a shoe-in...And I don't expect to see much in the way of a welcome mat rolled my way re: PoE2, lol. :)

I hope all who wish to take part in the PoE2 beta with the betterment of the final product as their foremost intention find their way in. You are the game's greatest asset and I hope GGG have not forgotten that.

And should it be a modest buy-in as PoE1's closed beta was, perhaps some other whale might step up to unlock the gates for at least some of you. Someone with a whole jacketload of medals, for example.

But that was a long time ago, when GGG were much more...Eager to do what it took to get people to try their obscure little ARPG in progress. I don't imagine they would struggle to sell access at more of a premium now. ^_^

Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
I've always been a "whale" in regards to spending money on games that I play, but I would not presume that this automatically guarantees any form of beta access. Money means nothing. The only reason why I spend a lot on games is because I have literally nothing else to spend it on. That doesn't make me better or worse than a "regular" F2P gamer.

If I had to make a guess about beta access I would assume that the usual suspects (streamers and content creators) will most definitely get it, as it's essentially free advertisement for GGG. For the rest of us they could go off activity logs, but they've previously stated that they don't keep those types of logs, so.. That leaves RNG, which is perfectly in line with Chris Wilson's Vision(tm).

In any case I would urge you all to remain patient. We want a great game. Not a rushed game. Quality takes time.
My most hated game.
My most favorite game.
Such is the duality of man.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info