Buying stash tabs doesn't always update tab names to stop being (remove-only)

Encountered this when taking advantage of this weekend's stash sale. It's a little convoluted to explain, but the effect was unmistakable.

Like most longtime players, I have a lot of (remove-only) tabs in my stash on Standard given the number of leagues I've played. Normally, if you purchase a new tab of a type that matches an existing (remove-only) tab, it will (instead of adding an empty, new tab) convert ("upgrade") one of those (remove-only) tabs into a normal, permanent tab that you can add items to once again.

However, I observed an anomaly here: upon purchasing a 6-pack bundle of premium tabs, I only counted four of my (remove-only) tabs being converted to normal.

After a small degree of worrying, one early test action produced some results: changing zone (e.g, out of my hideout and back in, forcing a loading screen) resulted in the stash displaying 2 more of my (remove-only) tabs converting to normal ones: both of these (unlike the first four) were located within a folder. Hence, I'm fairly certain that this might be a client-side display glitch.

Unfortunately, I did not have the opportunity to test and see if the latter two tabs actually allowed items to be inserted into them in spite of the (remove-only) tag.

Even if it doesn't crash instances, this is still a significant bug that affects a paid feature, and thus shouldn't be present in the game.

Bug Report #: Irrelevant; this is trivial to reproduce, would affect all players constantly, and a bug report would contain zero relevant data.

Reproduction: Make sure you have "remove-only" premium tabs that can be upgraded to permanent by purchasing tabs. Place them within a folder, then purchase a premium stash tab bundle while in your hideout. Examine your stash without leaving the zone to confirm that.

Untested: I'm not sure if this applies to other types of tab, or purchases beyond the "premium tab bundle." Likewise, I do not know if it'll behave differently if all upgraded tabs are in a folder, instead of just some of them.

Screenshot: No screenshot could show what is going on; you can't exactly show an "absence" of something.
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster
Last bumped on Dec 23, 2023, 6:11:04 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info