Souleater removed, when?

I think it's about time this is either removed or completely reworked.

It's especially poorly designed when you make a powercreep league on top of that.

this and DD are 2 of the most insane BROKEN mechanics in game
Last bumped on Apr 27, 2024, 3:25:34 PM
I think Soul Eater is simply a remnant from a time where the game had fewer mobs on screen and less mobs that would summon more mobs. Nothing worse than a red beast that gets empowered from Affliction with Soul Eater, or a Runic mob from Expedition sucking up all the mobs around it.

But! I think removing it isn't the solution. Rather, I'd like stacks to be capped, and maybe decrease over time if it stops sucking up souls.

That way there's means to counter it and it cannot grow infinitely strong
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
Never, it adds challenge to the game. You shouldn't be able to easily kill every monster in the game. Don't like fighting soul eater? Then don't, run away....
The reason soul eater exists is more prosaic - the point is for the Headhunter crowd to be happy.
I don't mind Soul Eater as long as it is finally fixed.
By definition, Soul Eater grants attack/cast speed and model size.
Unfortunately, it's bugged for years now and all monsters that have Soul Eater mod are also tanky AF. This has to stop at some point. I've made reports but nobody listens/reads.
Hopefully never.

It would be a huge nerf to Inspired Learning and the final nail in Headhunter's coffin.
sadly souleater has stack limit, but only on players :O
Met one in a harvest area in the early-ish acts. As you can imagine, it raped me very, very hard over a barrel. Not cool. Tried a few times, but it was hopeless. Pretty much instant one-shots, with its 1000% attack and movement speed.
It is just awful with generals cry, each mirage counts as a soul so each cast gives the enemy souleater 5-6 souls. Truly terrifying and for some reason souleater seems to spawn ALOT in delve so I just cant delve with generals cry.
"
Jradlot21 wrote:
Never, it adds challenge to the game. You shouldn't be able to easily kill every monster in the game. Don't like fighting soul eater? Then don't, run away....

It doesn't really add challange. In most cases you can't prevent it from getting souls and if it does the enemy just runs at you at an insane speed and oneshots you.

If you are a groundslam guy, you see a souleater enemy, realize he already got plenty of souls before you even realize he is there, you go back to town to switch to single target, to not give him even more souls, then you go back and then you realize that there is a mob casting raging spirits near him that gives him infinite stacks anyways.

Souleater, but also stuff like Lightning Storm is just terribly punishing for melee builds or more general self casters. If I play a summoner I don't give a shit. A wall of zombies reliably keeps the Souleater mob engaged and most of them are still terrible at killing minions, even though you usually infnitely buff them with raging spirits.

It is always a bad design if you encounter mobs were your only chance is to run away... and for Souleater that is exspecially bad, because it requires only a few souls for them to be so fast that you cannot run away from them.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info