[3.23] Can't use many of the paid mtx because they add observable client input latency

I don't even know where to begin... but with a number of the PAID MTX i can't actually use them because they causes input lag.

If you pop open the game in-game metrics, and start putting on different bits of mtx on your character or gems or even as portals... you'll notice serveral of them bumping the cpu/gpu latencies up multiple ms. Normally I'm 3-4ms for CPU/GPU latency on my configuration. When adding these MTX I am seeing 7-9 all the way up to 11ms of CPU/GPU latency just standing around.

While this may seem trivial, this unfortunately adds a very perceivable amount of input lag where skills take several ms longer to response because the game client appears to be getting hung up in frame rendering loops.

This is.. down right awful. Whatever "improvements" were made this league are obviously not actual performance improvements.

Unless you're going to start paying me for all the QA work, I'm not going to spend my time going through hundreds of MTX options testing them on your behalf.

PLAYERS SHOULDN'T BE WHAT YOU DEPEND ON FOR QUALITY ASSURANCE.

Please use your development tooling to figure out where the bottlenecks are and address this. The downside of not fixing this is absolute player frustration. I've had a number of deaths now because the system fails to detect my input in time to respond, because of these additional client latencies.

The workaround is I am going to have to avoid partying with people and avoid using all MTX (including portals, any in game items that I have paid for to change the game cosmetics) until this is addressed.

Yet another unpaid Path of Exile 2 Alpha Tester.
Last edited by TwentyFiveEX on Dec 13, 2023, 7:39:40 PM
Last bumped on Dec 13, 2023, 6:16:37 PM
This is reason why i asked like two years ago to be able to turn off mtx of others in town. My GPU got fried while playing PoE, during acts, because how many people are just standing there with their stupid mtx.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info