Do we even matter?

I don't think I've ever seen ggg respond to a post here.
We give the same feedback ywa after year with the exact same responses, that basically amount to ggg saying rip bozo to us.

Plenty of games have crossplay and accounts that work on pc and console, plenty of games release along side console.
Plenty of smaller devs can do it so we know ggg can as well.

Don't call yourselves AAA devs if you ant be AAA devs.
I loooooovelovr lovelove poe soooooo much. That's why it's so upsetting than console gets NOTHING LITERALLY NOTHING, WE DESERVE BETTER.
If you refuse to allow for crossplay than allow us to transfer stash tasbs its absolute bs and they know it.

Obviously pc is the better way to play but nobody is gonna want to spend the money on allllllllll their stash tabs.

Not having crossplay makes console a totally different game. If something is 50c on pc itslike 3 div on console (hyperbole but not by much)

And the answer shouldn't be just play ssf. I don't want to play ssf I want to trade its such bs. Your owned by tencent....... you can afford to Make these changes and we all knowit
Last bumped on Jan 4, 2024, 5:20:57 AM
Yeah it’s a sad and unfortunate truth. I’ve been around since harby league and it’s been the same. Cross platform would be amazing but if pc isn’t doable, make PlayStation and Xbox cross platform. It’s better than two small communities separated.
No we don't..
from a financial point of view (I am a financier) it is strange and completely unjustified. The console player base is huge, with significant growth expected by 2028. Therefore, the console version should be as enhanced as possible (including all PC options).
People with little time and a lot of money play on consoles, like me, they will probably willingly buy the Supporter Pack to look cool, but when someone feels that their needs and comfort are ignored, they will not pay.
"
TEHNIX wrote:
No we don't..
from a financial point of view (I am a financier) it is strange and completely unjustified. The console player base is huge, with significant growth expected by 2028.

So... it might be true that "total number of people who play console games" is a huge market with anticipated growth.

HOWEVER, very few of those players are interested in complex ARPGs. Lots of people *try* PoE, not that many stick around long enough to spend money on it. Especially on console.

Less than 5% of PoE players play on Console. PSN + XBox combined. And that's me being generous. Last time there were any useful numbers to use for extrapolation, the number was closer to 2% than 5%.

Now, I would guess that PoE got a pretty big player injection from D4. How many of those players will stick around and buy stuff? Very hard to say.

All that said, GGG has said that they are aiming for crossplay in PoE2, so they are at least aware of the issues. It also means there's not zero hope of crossplay in PoE 1, eventually.
"
QQPQ wrote:
"
TEHNIX wrote:
No we don't..
from a financial point of view (I am a financier) it is strange and completely unjustified. The console player base is huge, with significant growth expected by 2028.

So... it might be true that "total number of people who play console games" is a huge market with anticipated growth.

HOWEVER, very few of those players are interested in complex ARPGs. Lots of people *try* PoE, not that many stick around long enough to spend money on it. Especially on console.

Less than 5% of PoE players play on Console. PSN + XBox combined. And that's me being generous. Last time there were any useful numbers to use for extrapolation, the number was closer to 2% than 5%.

Now, I would guess that PoE got a pretty big player injection from D4. How many of those players will stick around and buy stuff? Very hard to say.

All that said, GGG has said that they are aiming for crossplay in PoE2, so they are at least aware of the issues. It also means there's not zero hope of crossplay in PoE 1, eventually.

Hence, major improvements to the console version are required. Only then can acquire a much larger player base. Because when a game has deficiencies/is underdeveloped, no one wants to play it, except for a small group of loyal players.
The older you get, the more you appreciate the comfort of playing on the couch :) this should be the slogan for PoE2 and the future on console.
I hope that PoE2 will be more friendly to console gaming.
I think that well get hardly any console specific updates till POE2.
As POE2 and POE1 will be the same client as far as I understood so crossplay will probably be added than.
Or slightly before as in beta test for POE2
"
twisted2008 wrote:

As POE2 and POE1 will be the same client as far as I understood so crossplay will probably be added than.

This was changed.

It was one of the big announcements as Exilecon this year.

PoE1 and PoE2 will be separate clients. MTX will still be cross-game (as long as it applies -- e.g. if there's MTX for the new crossbow weapons in PoE2, that won't work in PoE1 because we don't have those), but everything else is separate.

I'm really hoping that they'll make a next-gen client for PoE1 at some point (PS5 native, XSX native), but we only know for sure about PoE2.
A philosophical question about humankind? Intriguing :P
Hi everyone

Thank you for bringing this up. But none of GGG cares since none replies to a single comment about the area.

I reviewed most posts, and the devs replied to a minimum. Why? Seems consoles are not a priority for them. While there are huge load of games but It’s hard to find that good, fair, and fun to play on consoles again specially for an old guy with kids. During my long gaming age the only company I’m fond of is DE, the developers of WARFRAME. They listen and deliver. Recently they made huge step toward cross save , cross play was already there 1 year ago and like one of the replies stated DE is also owned by Tencent.
I know that GGG cares about its customers, but not all of them.

I’m just talking out since I moved from D4, and I love this game.

Keep enjoying the game, and maybe they will discover our value and start listening.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info