[Fixed] Affliction zone on death green poison orb animation & sound sync off [bug id: 2,348,674,291]

The configuration for the on-death "chasing green poison orb" effect is bugged this league, noticeably for rare/unique mobs inside the affliction area.

If you kill these mobs while you are standing on or very near them, the orb will instantly trigger player death and concurrently render the green goo on the ground, and then a few almost inperceivable microseconds after: the orb chase animation finishes and then plays the related sound effect.

I suspect however the on-death effect is configured, it was not tested and tuned properly with these mobs model area or you would have noticed this problem in development. I suspect this has something to do with timers for mob death vs player proximity range vs event trigger timer for the on death event. Either way, it's killing the player before they have ANY chance to react at all and it absolutely sucks.

Please address this. I'm tired of dying to something wholly unavoidable when standing in melee range.
Thanks.

Yet another unpaid Path of Exile 2 Alpha Tester.
Last edited by TwentyFiveEX on Dec 14, 2023, 11:08:01 AM
Last bumped on Dec 14, 2023, 11:07:48 AM
Looks like what I was experiencing was the poorly designed Toxic Volatile skill from Treant Dryad's, which would one-shot players in melee range.

This appears to be fixed as of 3.23.0b

"
The Treant Dryad's Toxic Volatile Skill no longer deals damage when exploding a corpse to summon a volatile.

Yet another unpaid Path of Exile 2 Alpha Tester.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info